Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a float tube fish...but still
Hey Guys...

I just wanted to make a quick post about a HAWG I caught recently. I finally broke the 10lb mark with largemouth bass on Friday. I stuck a 10-3 at Contra Loma reservoir here in CA, fishing a 5" Bass Candy tube on a bed. I actually found the fish on Thursday while I was just walking around the lake, but I only had three rods with me and only the lures tied to them. A senko, a worm, and a grub. I wasn't expecting to stumble acorss a big bed fish. Anywho, I got her to bite all three of those, but she would only hold onto the tail to take it off the nest, and she only hit each one once, then wouldn't touch it again. I know that because each time I set the hook, my lure came back without a tail! Except for the senko...she took the whole thing! LOL. Anyways, I tried her for 2.5hrs on Thursday with my 3 lures, but she just wouldn't go, then I had to go to work. So I decided to wake up at 6:30 the next day, and go straight back and bring all the artillery...figured I'd throw everything I had if I needed to. LoL. However, lucky for me she ate just what I figured she would and took the tube bait. I ran her to the ranger's station to get her weighed and have pics taken before I ran her back down and let her go. Apparently she was also the lake record. [cool] It was quite the thrill!! Tube Dude ought to be posting the picture for me soon enough...that is...if I can't get it to work...I'll give it a shot here...

[Image: 213]

[url "http://www.ncbf.com/shared/photos/photos/213"][/url]
[signature]
[cool]Great post, Kid. And, your pic went up just fine.

SK tells me that his next goal is a "teener"...a largie of 13 pounds or better. Considering that he has made his first two plateaus this spring...first an eight and then a ten...can the teener be far off?

Hit the delta more and find yourself some of those out of the way honey holes. You know the size of some of the fish that have been coming out of that area. Now you just need to put yourself in a position to get a biggun as often as possible...and it will happen.

Good luck, Bro.

TubeDude
[signature]
Thats a pig !! Way to go Kid !! I think my biggest LM is around 5 or 6# . That would make a nice wall mount , Fiberglass mount LOL . [cool] Man I got to get me some . Tight lines
[signature]
WooooW
[signature]
You da man! I finally own a jig n pig in black and blue. I'm planning on heading out to Lindon BH early, early Friday morning (around 6 am). A buddy of mine just bought a pontoon so I'm going to show him the ropes and test out my fishfinder.

Are the bass still close to the shore that early? What would you do if you were going?

ES
[signature]
Yup...actually, I'm getting a replica made of the fish. I got some good photos and measurements, so I can't wait. heh. I was going to have a replica made of the 8lber I caught back in March, but then I caught the 10lber, so I e-mailed the guy that was going to make the replica, to change that to a 10-3. LOL. Luckily, he has been working on another fish, and hadn't started the 8lber yet, but he should be getting underway this week on the 10. The next mount will have to wait until the teener...LoL...I'll eat my hat if I catch the teener while he's making the 10. haha.
[signature]
Hey ES...

The bass are ALWAYS close to shore at Utah Lake no matter what time of day. Most of the time anyways...LOL...just flip that jig right up next to them rocks...I'm talkin' inches away, and then work it back. What would I do if I was going?...Hmmmm, I'm not sure...hold on...let me check the weather forecast for up there...LoL...whoa son...a high of 87 huh? Looks like you guys finally started hittin' summer up there too...LOL. If I was going, I would DEFINITELY have that jig-n-pig combo ready to go! May has always been prime time for me with jigs on Utah Lake. You may even have some fish up and spawning. Here's what I would have rigged up...1) Jig-n-pig 2) Senko 3) Crankbait...preferably something with a wide wobble and chartreuse in it... 4) Spinnerbait...I'm a big fan of a 3/8oz white spinnerbait w/ a big 4-5" red twintail grub for the trailer. 5) Blk/Blu pastic crawdad...I'm a huge fan of the crawdads made by Lake Fork Tackle...caught some bruiser-sized largie last spring at Utah Lake with their Blue Bruiser colored craws.

Also, if you're heading there that early in the morning...heck, I would even give a buzzbait a shot just for fun. One of the first bass I ever caught out of Utah Lake was a warm day the first week of April on a buzzbait!! Weighed about 5.75lbs too!

Anywho...that's what I would do...you guys should probably just be able to go around lindon and fish the banks and catch fish all day long. Good luck and I'll be lookin' for a report from ya on the Utah board!
[signature]
Thanks!!! You'll probably see my report on both boards, Utah and Float Tube. I need to report on my Cuda 128 setup on the pontoon as well. Thanks again!!!

ES
[signature]