Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As the Berry Turns
Hit the berry for a couple of hours early this morning. It was snowy and windy (we were the only ones there that we could see), but it appears that the lake has finally turned. Cutts were out cruising. We hit a lot of fish with floating or intermediate lines over rather deep water. The faster retreives seemed to get their attention, but it probably didn't matter that much. They are out chasing anything that moves.

The high pressure center scheduled to move in over the next couple of days will probably put a bit of a damper on things, but give them a couple of days to get used to the bright sun and they should be out cruising for a meal again. Get out before the ice comes, it's worth the drive.

Sorry, no pics, it was snowing and my hands were too cold to want to pull out the camera.
[signature]
That sounds great. What part of the lake did you fish?
[signature]
Sunday looks killer, I am thinking I need more FRUIT in my diet[laugh]
I am thinking Soldier Creek side for me, I like that area.
[signature]
I have been to Renegade three times in the last two weeks and The fishing has been great on white, natural and black zonkers.
[signature]
We fished Strawberry Bay. Although with the lake turning over, the fish will probably be moving pretty good just about anywhere on the Strawberry or Soldier Creek side.
[signature]
Zonkers (and other similar rabbit strip flies) worked well for us also. White and natural seemed to be the best colors for us. The bigger the better. I even threw some pike flies on my 7-wt.
[signature]