Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ain't winter yet
Despite sure signs of winter[unimpressed] approaching like Tarponjim on his annual migration south to the Keys it is still Fall. Got out to my favorite small stream yesterday afternoon and instead of chasing big browns down low headed up to the higher country. Was in the low 50's even above 7000ft so left the coat in the car. Fishing was good for medium size cutts and browns. Caught about a dozen browns and almost twice that many cutts. Usually it's at least 10:1 browns to cutts there so that was a bit unusual. Had miles of stream for myself and the dogs. Not sure but if I get several hours this afternoon I might do it again a bit higher up.[fishin]
[signature]
PICTURES!!!!! We need pictures!
[signature]
I also need pictures.. Due to the fact i cant read..
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Went back today a little higher up and fishing was just as good. Most where 13 -16 inches again. Only about 40 degrees today so I threw a vest on but didn't feel too cold after I got going. Sorry no pictures as I didn't bother too bring the camera either day. Did expect any lunkers and I was right the biggest was 18 inches between both days. How many pictures can you take of fish in the mid-teens anyway? Sunday is suppose to warm back up a bit so if any of you guys want to get a mountain trip in before next summer go for it.
[signature]
OK, I made it 3 in a row and got out and hit the same river a little higher up. Now I brought the camera but I think doing so jinxed me because I caught half as many and they where a quite a bit smaller. Actually I'm not superstitious, I think there were smaller fish that high up this time of year and I ran into a tight line nymphers mortal enemy- thick moss. Sight fishing was almost nonexistent on a cloudy day with a dark green background. I usually didn't see the fish until it swam off. Also caught about a hundred balls of moss to remove from my fly. Still not complaining it was more scenic up at about 7500 ft and I doubt I'll fish that high up again for about another 6 months.
[signature]
looks to me like you had three good days of late season fishing... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]