Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel line guides
I have a couple of Fenwick FS 89c rods that I use steel line on.They could use new tip guides and the next guide back. Just wondering what good replacements are available?--Gary
[signature]
Hey Gary, I would use a carbide boat rod guide. they say those guides are evcellent for wire line trolling.
later chuck
[signature]
Thanks Chuck--Can they be bought locally and could you be bought to install them? Also I have another Fenwick with a roller tip, it is not as sensitive but it rolls in the steel easier. I'm toying with the idea of putting rollers on the 89c's. What's your take?--Gary
[signature]
Fish Tech might have them, I order all my stuff through mud hole anymore. take a look it's mudhole.com
here's a part number for a carbide guide CSBG, they are kind of pricy 5.00 and up a piece. If you want, you can bring them over and I can order what you want and install them. the roller tip might be ok. I built a tuna rod a while back and put roller guides on it and I put a 6oz. weight on and reeled it up and it was really smooth. might work good with the steel line. later chuck
[signature]
That mudhole sight is pretty sweet. They have some nice roller tops. I think my favorite pole does have a carbide tip but it has some grooves from lots of reeling in steel line and big flatfish. I'll get back in touch after the holidays and then we can get serious about getting ready for spring fishing. Thanks--Gary
[signature]
Ok that sounds good. yea, mudhole is the best rod building supplier around, and good prices. if you look at the rod photos on there take a look at all the ones I have done. my name on that site is utaheyes. once you find one of my pics there is a icon that says, look at users gallery, or somthing like that, and it will show every pic I have posted. later chuck
[signature]
Fine work there Chuck! That's cool the one you did for Crossineyes.--Gary
[signature]
Thanks, I can do all the alphabets in upper and lower case, I also have some london style letters and a few other styles. I'm working on a silver and black 8 point and I will be putting the words RAIDERS on it, he's a oakland raiders fan. talk to you later chuck
[signature]