Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LATE DC REPORT 11-30
Took the tube out to Deer Creek on the 30th of NOV. arrived at lake parked at top of ramp on the water by 7am. finned my way around the bay and toward the island with no bites. I tossed spinners, some smaller rapalas, tried bouncing a worm on bottom with no spinners, worm on top with no weight just dragging it around. nothing. at about 10:30 i stopped on the lake side of the island at shore to rest a bit no breeze at this time but it was starting, water was very smoothe. I put on a bobber and gave my worm about 24 inches of room under that, produced a 15 inch FAT rainbow at 11:30. several other hits but nothing took it far enough to impale on the hook. called it a day at 12:30 and paddled back toward the ramp, rounded the corner of the island heding west into a slight wind (maybe 5 mph) coming right at me. paddled to landward side of island and about half way across the back of the bay before I was beached and had to walk the rest of the way. clear weather, warmer than I expected. good day on the tube all in all and I ended up with a rainbow to fry. [cool]

met a fellow BFT'er on the walk back shortly after I vacated the water, I forget his name at this point, he was fishing with a woman i presume to have been his wife. they had several fish on the stringer, 5 i counted who knows what they left with, at least they were having some luck. good on em.

i have some pics on my phone but dont know how to get them online. sorry. [frown]
[signature]
I was up there today. Surprisingly good weather, just freezing is all.

I didn't have any luck before I called it quits. It looks like the water has risen 5-10 feet in the past couple of weeks, no joke. A few more weeks of that fill and there could actually be a real island again... Only about 12 feet more to go.

Just a trace of ice was forming in the really shallow parts.
[signature]