Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not new to site but new as a member
signed up last week before the burbot bash and I took my son and two grandkids up to catch some.. We went to open water near utah line and caught some nice rainbows in the open water for the kids... good eating fish. Then we went to the bash but didn't get a bite but the kids had fun in the ice shack that has been in the garage unused for three years. The bash got me out again thanks.

I love the gorge but it seems my abilities have lessened since I don't go often enough to remember the touch on Jigging for Lake trout. Took me a long time to learn and even faster to forget.

I hope to have a job in Mountain View Wyoming soon and if I do the gorge will be mine in the evenings again.

Anyway thanks for BigFishTackle for getting me excited enough again to start fishing.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there IOH2 and welcome to the BFT. Might I assume that fishing comes first before work based on you handle's name. LOL Too bad that some of us adults can't take a skunked day as casually as the youngins. They seem to have fun no matter what. Guess that I must still be a kid at heart for I have been skunked more times than I care to remember - but I still keep going back for more or less. Thanks for registering and sharing your story. Pictures would have been nice too.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]

I have a 16 foot smokercraft for over 30 years and we bought it because it was deep enough to handle any rough water for my two boys and you can get a bunch of people in it .8 or 9 as long as there not as big as me.

A year ago we ran across a great deal ( my son finds the deals then I put up the money ) on a Maxum 18ft, 1999 for $2500. Motor was froze but that was easy to fix with a new motor for $3500 and thats about 4 grand below blue book so now I have to figure out which boat to use. Will probably sell the Maxum next year as there are too many memories in the smokercraft.

I bought a 50HP Merc motor for the smokercraft for $50 bucks on KSL because a guy bought it and could not get it to run and some parts were missing. It cost me $10 for a front cowl on ebay and I fixed some hoses and cleaned out the carbs and it runs great and then put a 4.5 HP Merc I got for free from a guy who did not want it in his garage anymore. gummed up carb on that one as well.

Its amazing what people will give away when they know you can fix a motor. I have had two other small older trolling motors given to me in the last year.

I donated them to family members who want to get a small boat after I fixed them up.

anyway I need to shut up and thing about how to go fishing next week.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Imoutahere2, glad to hear the Burbot Bash got you back into fishing again. I don't remember seeing your name at the Bash, did you make it up there for any bot catching? Sounds like you got a sweet deal on that maxium, you might be needing that boat if you move up to Mountain view[Wink]. WH2
[signature]