Arunachal Pradesh, India. We run 2-week long
river expeditions on the Siang and Subansiri rivers,
mostly fishing big carp (Golden Mahaseer), but
some trout too.

Hope to connect with some of the more adventurous
fishermen out there!

Thanks,
Roland

[#ff0000]Sorry Roland, no links are allowed until you have made 15 post[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. Is that a species of carp or is that just the name given? Kinda cool looking fish. Our carp look much different over her in the US.[cool]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Roland and thanks for taking the time to sign up and read the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=faq"]rules of BFT[/url]. Please let us know if you have any question about BFT. WH2
[signature]
[left][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there RiverIndia and welcome to the BFT. I'm always interest in the species of fish caught outside of the US. I agree with LH2 about how the carp in your country differ from ours and I was rather intrigued with its fins. Would that be about the average size of your carp?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the welcomes guys. The fish over there are called "Mahaseers" or "Maseers", and most people agree they're a kind of carp- but you're right, they look pretty different from the ones I've seen in the US. The one I put up in my first picture is a type called the Golden Mahaseer- it's longer and slimmer, and the ones we caught were typically 20-30 pounds. Here's another one that's a Chocolate Mahaseer, and looks a bit more like the ones in the states. If you know anything more about them, I'd be interested in learning more. Apparently, the old British army officers who were in India in the 1800s used to go up to the rivers and fish for these Mahaseers, and their journals are really some of the best information available about fishing up there on the Subansiri, Siang, and Brahmaputra rivers.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there RI - yes that Chocolate Mahaseer looks like our carp. I would have no problem with its identity.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
that is an awesome looking fish.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]