Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Got The Fever!!!
[:/] Its the end of January and i cant take it anymore!!!! All i can think about is fishing. This sux because i got a good 3 months till the ice will be off the lakes before i can even think of putting the boat in the water.

Last week i did not know what to do with myself so i decided to organize my tackle box. That only made me feel worse lol. So this weekend i decided to drive 2 hours to Pittsburgh and go to Sportsmans Warehouse. I ended up spending about $100 on lures and things. Must admit that was fun but made me even more on edge about wanting to go fishing. April seems so far off i hope it comes fast i need to get out on the water.

This is the time of year when all of the sports shows go on, so at least i will have them to look forward to. Hopefully they will help pass the time a bit faster.

I keep saying im gonna go ice fishing every year but i never buy any of the stuff to do it. Next year i think im gonna go for it. Hopefully that will keep me from going out of my mind.

So am i the only nutty guy that feels like im in prison here lol!!! hopefully not. what do u guys do to help take the edge off???
[signature]
This is also the time that I stock up. I mainly go on ebay for alot of my lures. I get to pick through a good selection of new and used things. Some prices are very reasonable, some not. I found out if you just wait a while a cheaper one will be along in a few days. I even got a 6' 6" med combo shipped to the house for about $12. Not a bad combo either. Other than that I tie up a few flys if the weather is real bad or just go fishing at the Yough tailrace to curb my hunger.
[signature]
I don't really do a whole lot of shopping on ebay. From what you are telling i think i should! $12 for a combo shipped to the house!!! Wal-Mart cant even touch that lol. Sounds like if you do your homework you can find some really good deals. Im a sucker though, if i see something i really want on ebay i buy it. I don't wait to see if i can find something cheaper. I think im gonna start to bite the bullet and wait next time.

I also make my own tackle but im to the point now i have like 10 of everything i make lol. Guess im gonna give some to my friends so i have an excuse to make some more. Geez winter sure does suck
[Image: bobmad.gif]
[signature]
This weather isn't helping.
[signature]
My local warmwater discharge is good Rx for the "Fever"
Sometimes I even catch a few through the ice [Image: surprised.gif]
[signature]
yeah i cant wait to get out either and the occasional warm day we have had has made things even worse...i guess in the next few days while i'm home in the evenings i will organize all my gear, shap around for some good breathable chest waders, strip my reels and clean them completely, re-spool them etc etc...

and this weekend is the beginning of the big sportsmans show her ein harrisburg so i'll be there enjoying the day
[signature]