Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe I should teach instead
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]As Mac knows, I was staying at my brothers time share this week in the desert until a broken front tooth required that I make a hasty retreat for home. Anyhow they had this neat little lake out their back door. While there were plenty of ducks I didn't see any fish. Since I always carry a rod and the lake looked inviting thought that I would do a little casting practice. My sister in-law was intrigued that the line seemed to cast itself since there wasn't a lure on the end. So I explained the fundamentals of FF. She asked what would happen if there were bushes or trees behind me would I have to move elsewhere? Well I am not the best at roll casting but I showed her how I would deal with these obstructions. As I demonstrated the RC I couldn't believe how smoothly my line just rolled out. Cast after cast just like a pro. Made me wonder if this was a fluke or maybe, just maybe I finally got the process down. Will have to wait and see. Actually it was probably because in explaining the RC I wasn't rushing the cast. Se Le Vie.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline MSV2.jpg]
[signature]
So, was there any fish?![cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]I don't believe there were any in that body of water. But in some of the other lakes there are quite a few including some carps. I was playing it safe by just using a tuff of McFlyfoam.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
DUDE! Just squishing the barb is playing it safe LOL[fishon]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Try telling that to a game warden or in this case their security patrol. A pretty gal such as yourself would probably have them looking in another direction. Me - well I would probably be sent to Guantanamo. LOL[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
That is no big deal anymore either.....Pres. is seeing to that LOL
[signature]
uuhhhmmm what is MacFly foam...lol

Im not sure about ff'ing but I have learned about the job I do by having to help/teach the students .. so I agree that showing/telling someone what to do will help you to concentate while relaxing and doing what you already know.. (God I hope that makes sense)

glad you're back in town mi amigo.. maybe we can get together some time and you can show me how to cast.. and etc.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[left][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Makes perfectly good sense to me. During part of my career I taught new managers how to perform their duties. Show & tell was always an important training technique.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]