Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Report
Well, Curt and I took a trip out to Nelson Lake this afternoon for our second time this year.
When we went out last month, the snow drifts were so deep we could barely fish and the water was pretty cold too.
Today around 4 o'clock the temp outside was around 30 degrees. It would have been nice to get out a little earlier because the trip was def. worth it.
The water coming out of the discharge was pretty warm so the steam was rollin' off the lake.
Here are a couple pictures I got from my phone. They are a bit distorted so it's about time to bust out the digital camera for the fishing season.

Curts first of the day
[Image: 4de95b090044.jpg]

My first of the day
[Image: dba1b85e7e01.jpg]

Curts bass
[Image: 4a7b753cfd05.jpg]

This my last bass of the day. Funny thing is I caught him 2 times in a row with the same bait and I really don't know how. I could tell because the bass had a dark spot on the top of the inside of it's mouth. I let him go the first time and saw him swim right back into the little cove I pulled him out of.
[Image: 00d6afd3ebf5.jpg]

In conclusion, it was a great day! I was getting a little fed up with just having to sort out my bassin gear over and over and not being able to go and test it out.
Springs a commin! Get ready to catch those whoppers![cool]
[signature]
haha what great pictures[:p]! But yeah that was sweet to catch some bass. Cant wait till we can take my boat out...and maybe yours too[cool]
[signature]