Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiberglass work
I have a small fiberglass problem on my boat , was thinking of sub-flooring it but ,( one corner of ski locker seperating ) it might be just as good to have the glass repaired. What would you do? Also what about carpet for the boat or vinyl ? Your thoughts.
[signature]
I would take it to some one who does this kind of work and see what they say...

With out seeing your boats damage I couldn't say...
[signature]
Hey Dan, if I remember correctly BLM(Rich) and Fish1on(Pat), has done a little fiberglas work. Maybe even Danzilla but I haven't heard from him in awhile[:/]. I'm sure a few others have some fiberglasing experience. As far as carpet verses vinyl, go with the vinyl, it is easier to keep clean when it comes to fish and bait on the floor. Plus hooks don't stick in the vinyl like they do in carpet. I just got a new roll of vinyl for my boat and I'll be installing it soon. Only problem is, it only comes in two colors, at least when ordering for Cabelas[unimpressed].
[signature]
Dan the only place I found that would sale me the supplies for marine was
3 D Art Incorporated
5165 W 4900 Kearns, UT 84118-6363
(801) 966-1372

They were very helpful with instruction how to make the repair.

Here are a few pics of what my project was like. If you have any question or need some help let me know.

I had my whole floor removed down to the foam. I replaced the boards coating each one with the fiberglass and risen the final coat is the gel coat I just used white.
Fiberglass work isnt too terribly hard. Really messy however. I've done alot with glass and if you need a few pointers I can most likely help you out.

Maybe we could go hit the tigers on Pineview whilst waiting for the glass to harden!
[signature]
The floor looks pretty good, nice job...
[signature]