Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salas 7X lite Jigs
Ive been searching the Internet for a certain color 7X lite Salas iron in a green and white swirl color. It looks like someone was mixing green and white paint on it. The guy said he bought it at teh Fred Hall Show but I didnt ask him what dealer it was. All I know is that it was a bad @$$ jig. the Cuda ate that thing like candy!!!!!

I dont care what color combos they are like blue and white in that pattern or whatever but Im mainly lookin for that color.

If you know where to buy them please tell me.

Thanks

Aaron
[signature]

Hey dh tubinaaron,

Thanks for the heads up. I bought one at the Cypress Swap meet 3 weeks ago for 2 bucks. No kiddin'!!! Thanks for the heads up as I'll take it tomorrow. But if it's as wide open as today, I'm gonna toss my junk jigs first and if they get picky, I'll serve 'em a better course.

I'm goin' out on the Victory tomorrow. Wish me luck!

JapanRon

PS You ain't gettin' mine. So there!
[signature]
What color is it????

The swapmeet??????????????????????????????????? Lucky![Sad]

hahahahahaha

Aaron
[signature]

Hey dh tubinaaron,

It's white with the swirly marble color being orange. Fished it today and never got even a bump. Blue and white or blue and chrome is the deal for the barries hands down.

It's action is awesome and has some real kick but.......

JapanRon
[signature]
The one I want has a swirly green color......

Aaron
[signature]
But where did you buy it Ron?

Aaron
[signature]

Hi dh tubinaaron,

Ya, I bought it in a junk pile at the Cypress swap meet.

Couldn't find any more the next week!

JapanRon
[signature]
I haven't seen those jigs anywhere. I got something close though. its a mint green and white mackerel jig. you cant really see the mackerel markings though.. its pretty cool, its almost like the one you are talking about but not quite.

a couple weeks ago, this guy gave me $20 for 2 of my jigs on the boat, so i had to go buy some more.

joe
[signature]
[cool]If the green is an olive drab green, that is called the "Sardine", I think, but we call it "Bird Pooh" "Baby Pooh"... whatever. [sly]

That pattern has been pretty popular the last few years & shouldn't be too hard to find. Squidco on Barnett in Sandawg has the best prices I've seen on 'em.

The mint green color has also been hot lately. Blue & white, of course, belongs in EVERY tackle bag.

Fishslayer
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]i liked the tadys abd ss litewieghts in the green or blue mackeral colors....[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
soooooooooooooooooooo? [Wink]

Aaron
[signature]
hey i pinhaed on the victory (berth55) and a week or so ago i bought a brand new one for 5 bucks one of the other pinheads (tubinaaron) caught one cuda one it.

Robert
[signature]

Hi there Fishslayer,

I saw a post that was reporting on a recent trip just a little south of the border on another board and they were talking about favorite iron and colors used in trolling for Albacore.

They mentioned two colors. One color was either a black on white or white on black spatter pattern and they called it 'Bird %$#@'. They also had a color combo I haven't heard of before called something like Philetus or Phy.... something or other. No idea what the color of that one was!

Do you know the name of and the color I'm trying to relate? Heard of any other new color combinations being given names? Have you tried the new 544 surface jigs yet?

JapanRon
[signature]
hEY JR,

Did you win the contest that ROMEROFISHERKING had, with the question?? He sent me a package today that had 3 packages of new Fish Trap plastics, a 544 jig in black, green and white and the PROTOTYPE SALAS 5X jig [Tongue]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said that you wanted me to have the plastics but I think that he was referring to Tube Dude........

Talk to you latr,

Aaron Ps 4 more dayz of the dungeon to go (school)
[signature]

Hi dh tubinaaron,

Yes, it was the usual generous TubeDude that gave you that! Heck, you would have never seen that 544 if it had been me. ha ha!! I killed 'em on that exact color on Wednesday. Fish it with confidence!!

I make it a point not to compete with visitor's in a contest on my site for prizes they might win. Part of the promotion thing ya know.

Still hoping to get some input on the colors thing.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]I got a couple of the 544 on a charter awhile back. I haven't tried them yet. I'll be going on the Mission Belle the 25th & will give 'em a try. I got the mint green and scrambled egg patterns.

I found some Salas Yoyo-4's at the Day @ Docks in a swirly PURPLE pattern. Couldn't pass THOSE up! [Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]