Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitefish Limit?
I was wondering if there was a limit on Whitefish? I caught 2 of 'em today and released them as i was unaware if we had to release them or not. Those Whitefish can put up a good fight. Today was the first time i ever caught one probably because i decided to try out the Famed "WEEB" today and was utterly impressed even though all I caught was the two. The place i tried is one i dont see many people talking about and is where the river comes into rockport res. One was pulled in using a #18 tan BH scud and the other one took my #22 black zebra midge rigged with a split shot and a strike indicator.
Looking forward to fishing there again. I want to know if there is a good way and/or recipe to cook those whities?
I heard they were tasty fish and am wantin to try one. Also, do you gut 'em like a trout or fillet 'em like a bass?
Anyway, i'll post a couple pics and thanks.
[signature]
Most of the weeb is a 2 fish limit
[signature]
Don't think that's correct, Copied this from the dwr reg. Limit on white fish is 10. Hope I have'nt miss read it.[:/] The remaining Weber river is 4 trout.

WEBER RIVER (Summit County) (From the first
I-80 bridge upstream from Echo Reservoir (near
Exit 164) upstream to I-80 bridge near Wanship
(near Exit 156)).
ARTIFICIAL FLIES AND LURES ONLY.

Limit 2 trout.
[signature]
The Mountain whitefish limit is 10 statewide. The only other restrictions are at Bear lake where there are special regs on the 2 species in there. You can have 10 whities in possession(total at your home, camp, or while you are fishing. If you have 5 in the freezer, you can only catch 5 unless you eat some of what you have. That help?
P.S. They are very good eating. Smoked or pan fried like a trout. Dis-regard the myth that they are trash fish, they are actually related to trout. A little different bone structure is all.[cool]
[signature]
[quote lunkerhunter2]The Mountain whitefish limit is 10 statewide. The only other restrictions are at Bear lake where there are special regs on the 2 species in there. You can have 10 whities in possession(total at your home, camp, or while you are fishing. If you have 5 in the freezer, you can only catch 5 unless you eat some of what you have. That help?
The whitefish limit is not 10 fish state wide- the LOGAN is an exception.
[signature]
I was not aware of that, thanks for the info. I never fish it.
[signature]
The Logan has probably the biggest average size whitefish in the state. Very rare to catch them under 18"
[signature]
I saw some little guys down low by the golf course when I fished it last Friday, but all the whitefish I've actually hooked into have been around 18-20". They're pretty healthy fish. Here's a pretty typical Logan whitefish.
[signature]
Nice Whitey
[signature]