Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zara Spook
Have you caught a fish on the fishing lure named in this post? Please respond with any tips, techniques, photo's, or information you have about this lure.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
This is a last resort lure for me. Some may argue that it's a producer but I only use it when I am getting no strikes for hours on end. Then guess what? I produces.

When everything in my box has been tried and I have used up my knowledge of lures I look at this big boy and think what the hell. And it doesn't produce often for me but when nothing else is working is has landed me fish.

Thats all I can offer on this lure. Other than technique. Pull rod fast and make it zig zag through the water.
[signature]
used a spook good on pike and once in a while a snapping turtle in pines, rough on lure though!
[signature]
They are good for bass in a 3 1/2 in size twitched so it makes a zig-zag motion. Also snook and tarpon.
[signature]
For me I like using Zara in the mornings or late in the evenings using the twitch method. The best color is Black & white zig zags on it. Another 3 lures to try is Torpedo Chrome & black or blue, Jitter Bug black and then Orno black or green. These work very well for all bass & pike.
Dennis
]

[signature]
pics
[signature]
I love the Chrome 31/2" Spook in the morning and a black one in the evening. Like some other posts in here this is my emergency bait, when all else fails...
[left]This bait works great for me on those 'overfished' lakes and ponds, where the fish have seen just about everything already...but they sure act like they've never seen a Spook.

I know it works with other species but I use this lure mainly for largemouth bass.
[/left]
[signature]
I use a 4 1/2" clear when fishing topwater in the mornings for bass. I actually really like it, but I also use it when all else fails. Not much better than a strong topwater strike when you've not had much else happening.
[signature]
Zara Spook is a great bass lure (as was the older Zara Gossa). Work with a typical "walk the dog" technique....Best in low light conditions of early morning or evening.
[signature]
Great lure!.I mostly use the small smallest one.."Puppy"

This one has no rattle..As for tips ,first the way I retrieve it...steady retrieve with perfectly timed twiches to make the lure walk..steady as she goes!...

I've had this lure break in half before but only to the Lukinani down here..What I like to do is run a piece of braided line from the eye of the lure to the eye on the last hook,then I glue the line underneath the body to keep it clear of the hooks.This way if it the lure breaks again,or the last hook pulls out maybe I'll still get em[crazy]...P.S.Only happened twice.. landed one cause he got caught on the first trebble.,as he jumped the end of the lure broke and flew off.[shocked]

Funniest thing about this lure is seeing the bass follow.. Seen a bass move his head left and right as he follows it lol...another 4lber!,dang hooked him but got off..Pauly,last pic is a skitterwalk..

At one point I even got my buddy to start using it..Fun lure..Paulpro is known to influence peoples lives[cool]
[signature]