Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm WildEye Swimbait
Have you caught a fish on the fishing lure named in this post? Please respond with any tips, techniques, photo's, or information you have about this lure.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
large mouth bass
[signature]
LMB are aggresive on this one. Since this is only a freshwater section, I won't even touch on the 93 different saltwater species that I have caught on this. haha[cool]
[signature]
LMB, Stripers, Rainbow Trout, SMB. Mainly casting. The trout came from trolling.
[signature]
Mostly LMB. Picked up a nice pike last summer just screwing around trolling. Now i troll for pike all the time with these Storm baits. At the right speed it works great.
[signature]
I recently purchased a set of the live sunfish baits, and even though I haven't used them yet, I've heard nothing but great reviews about them.
[signature]
Before the water froze over, I caught a 4 pound channel cat on it.[fishin]
[signature]
I have picked up some nice cutthroat, vertical jigging through the ice with these
[signature]
Stripers...one of the best baits for them.

The 6" size seems to be the magic number. They run pretty true even when trolling, down to about 10 feet on 20lb braid.

Best retrieve I've found when casting is a "lift and swing"...as soon as the bait hits the water, engage the reel and let the bait "swim" for about 5 seconds or so, reel down on it, and then lift the rod tip and let it swim again, and repeat...

A simple steady retrieve also works well, especially if you're trying to swim it over weeds or trying to keep it at a specific depth. I would recommend also jerking the bait occasionally during the retrieve to add a bit of action to the bait, like a fleeing baitfish.

Oh, and a bit of caution...the 6" version says it's 7/8oz on the package...that seems to only be the internal lead that they're mentioning the weight on...the bait with body actually weighs about 1 3/4oz.
[signature]