Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phoebe
Have you caught a fish on the fishing lure named in this post? Please respond with any tips, techniques, photo's, or information you have about this lure.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Wow. Old school Trout dept. here. Phoebe has Trout written all over it for me. [cool]
[signature]
The first thing to do with Phoebe is say it reel fast ten times in a row. When you master that the the Phoebe is your slave. This was my Dads' favorite trout lure. In fact the first fish he ever handed off to me was hooked on one. Over the years it has caught tons of huge Barred perch in the surf as well as some pretty massive Halibut. I guess there have been some giant Jacksmelt as well as a few short Barricuda. The Phoebe is a real Mackeral killer too. Many time we caught bait on the Phoebe when the Sabikis (Called Lucky Joes' back then ) wouldn't work. In fresh water these were the first jigging spoons along with Kastmasters. I think the secret of this lure was that you could fish it slower than other spoons because of the monster bend. It has a high wobble rating. We tied a bit of Maribou to the hook. I think it worked better that way. Gold in the morning and Chrome when the sun was up. Still a sales leader for trout hardware.
[signature]
great lure for trout and i also caught crappie and largemouth on this lure
[signature]
I've used that lure on opening day for 4 years straight and caught my limit every time.
[signature]
I've taken trout on these mostly. There's always at least 1 in my tackle box(es).

I tried adding pics of different sizes and formats, but it just wouldn't work.
[signature]
BFT pic resizer rocks!
[signature]
This lure is great!!! I caught two rainbows over 5 lbs today on it at roy pond. and two last weekend . Here's the pics of last weekends fish.
Sterling
[signature]