Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunker Lure Buzzbait
Have you caught a fish on the fishing lure named in this post? Please respond with any tips, techniques, photo's, or information you have about this lure.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I have caught several dozen Tiger muskies, LMB, and SMB on buzzbaits of different makes and models. Not this particular make. Cavatron Buzzbaits are my favorite. They hold up well, have awesome hooks, and are in-expensive.
[inline buzzbait.jpg]
[signature]
This is one of the best LUNKER largemouth bass lures during middle spawn, early spring and the dog days of summer.

I caught my personal record Largemouth on a super sized black blade/ black skirt buzz bait about 10 years ago around 40 to 50 minutes after sunset right after the spring spawn on one of these lures. I couldn't even see my line it was so dark by that time and was fishing just off hearing the sound of the buzzbait on the top of the water.

11lb 9oz Largemouth. It's one of my favorite lures and one I feel great confidence with when I am using it. You might fish this lure for over a hour without a strike but most times when the strike comes it's not a small fry.

Techniques: you might start out casting into brush (if from boat) or far ahead of your current spot if from bank and reel it as slowly as possible, just enough to make the blades gurgle. If you try this technique for several casts and do not get a strike change your tactics and reel it as fast as you can across the top, and I mean FAST as you can reel your handle on your reel. It may see to be coming back to you so fast a bass can't even catch it but trust me they can and sometimes you will get more fish with the fast method than the slow. The other method is to reel it as slow as possible, just enough for it to gurgle... and about every 3 feet stop reeling and let it sink back in the water for around 2 to 3 seconds then bring it back to the top and go another 2 or 3 feet and repeat.

Setting the hook with a buzz bait: when you visually see or hear the SPLASH and STRIKE drop your rod tip and reel fast and yank back with force or you will get very frustrated loosing the hook set with this lure against largemouths.

Edit: Something most don't know about this lure. In the middle summer during the hottest part of the day this is a killer lure for a Lunker.
[signature]