Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green 3/12 - 13
Fishing was exceptional, although catching just fair. I ended up with about 12 fish the first day, and 8 or so the second. Overall, least as well as others we talked to at the ramp thanks to advice from forum members.

Smallest fish was 14", and most in the 16-20" range. Some BWO hatching from 2-3 pm first day, and they found a deer hair emerger to their liking. Second day found midges hatching late morning, but never really found what the trout wanted. Lighter BWO hatch that afternoon, but wanted nothing much to do with the DHE or other offerings. Rest was nymphing, and biggest trout I latched into is now towing two zebra midges.

The best part was that we had miles of river to ourselves for two days! Highlight of the trip was watching two otters play in the river. My camera had died after a couple pics, so did not capture them or any real 'trophy' shots.
[signature]
thanks for reporting I was wondering if the BWO's were coming off very strong right now. Too bad about the camera dying I would have loved to see some early season pics. They always get me all excited to get out there.[fishon]
[Smile]
[signature]
Nice report. Me and a pal almost went down Friday Morning and were going to stay over until Saturday, but something came up. We are going to go first part of April hopefully.
[signature]