Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching your tackle back!
Years ago, around 1968 my cousin and I went fishing in a little river at a bridge we loved ( I was only around 6 years old at the time) well my cousin was new to fishing and on his first cast threw the whole rod n reel in the river.

One year later (give or take a month) I was fishing at the same bridge and thought I got snagged up after some hard pulling on the line it broke free and I thought i was reeling in a branch from a snag, but NO! It was the very same rod that my cousin had tossed into the river a year earlier!!!!!
[signature]
I've got one similar but not a year inbetween!! We were catfishing and a friend lost a nice channel cat and got upset like he often does and chucked his pole. Sense this river has a strong current we all figured it was gone but about a half hour later another guy with us reeled it on in. But wouldnt you know it a few minutes later that pole went right back in. Did i mention that my friend isnt very bright also.
[signature]
did you here about the guy who lost his dog down a pike spearing hole..ice fishing..the dog jumped in the large hole chasing a fish..then came up in the first hole he seen..the guy in the shanty about 100 yards away was scared to death when the dog came out of his spearing hole..
[signature]
Lucky dog. Amazing that the dog would be able to hold its breath that long.
[signature]
it was only 20 yards between shantys..the guy in the other shanty did have to change his underware though..
[signature]
I about lost my dog a couple years ago. Duck hunting we walked up to the river and it was froze all but 15 ft in the middle. I told the guys i was with that we wouldnt be able to shoot anything in the water cause she wouldnt be able to get back up. I took my belt off and tried my best to use is as a leash. But wouldnt you know it a couple ducks come over and they shoot them right in the water. My dog being the addic to fetch that she is pulled right out of my hand belt and all. barrelled into the river. Then couldnt get back out. It took a box of shells to shoot the ice close enough that i could belly crawl out to her. I screemed at the guys i was hunting with all the way back to his truck, and havnt called him to go with me again.
[signature]
hey i wasnt trying to bring up bad memorys..
[signature]
good or bad there all memories i would feel alot worse if she wasnt sleeping on my rug at night. It makes the wife mad that i let her sleep in the house at night but i tell my wife if she is as good as that dog had been i will let her sleep there when she gets old.
[signature]
thats awesome. i lost a 7" jointed rapalla this summer on a rock or something and the next day i caught it with another 7"inch rapalla
[signature]
I was thinking the same...dog holding his breathe for that long...
[signature]