Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new hopper design
hey I made this hopper pattern up out of my head just thought I would show everybody
[signature]
with a little tweak or two it could also be a cicada pattern. Thanks for sharing.[fishon]
[signature]
LOL @ Made in China!

Have you fished it yet?
[signature]
not yet and that was on the material I used
[signature]
I like that China thing also.
I did one similar last year. I used the rubber legs, I think I like yours better though.

[Image: Hopper3500.jpg]

[Image: Hopper4500.jpg]

and here is what the fish see

[Image: Hopper6500.jpg]

Great work, feel free to post more...PLEASE
[signature]
Thanks thats the first hopper I have ever tied so. I hope better flies follow soon. What do you think about the wings.
[signature]
anybody want some I need some extra cash right now
[signature]
if any body needs some hoppers will tie some up for 75 cents-$1 depending on the size
[signature]
Joni: what are the rear "kicker" legs on your hopper? I tie and use a closely similar pattern (Charlie Craven's version), but I love those rear legs on yours! [cool][cool]

The trout likely don't care, but I gotta have some of those!
[signature]
rainy's foam hopper legs with permanent marker strips I just need some cash right now so if you know anybody that wants some just sent me a post
[signature]
[quote Tarponjim]Joni: what are the rear "kicker" legs on your hopper? I tie and use a closely similar pattern (Charlie Craven's version), but I love those rear legs on yours! [cool][cool]

The trout likely don't care, but I gotta have some of those![/quote]

The legs are rubber. They come on a stem and you cut them off like Model parts. Sportsmen's Warehouse had them in every color so I stocked up.
[signature]
Thanks. I'll look around for some.
[signature]
Sportsmans in Midvale has them (as of this morning when I dropped by there) in many colors. They look pretty sweet!
[signature]
Nice job Z1! should put a good sillouette on the water. $.75 you sell yourself short.
I have a foam that is tan with a printed wood grain, I'll have to tie some legs like that.
[signature]
ya just need some extra money the price changes depending on size
[signature]