Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Fish Blue Marsh, Reading, PA?
Just wondering if anyone here fishes Blue Marsh. I fished it years ago when the lake was young and had great days. Last year I got another boat (used) and was at the lake several times. None of my old spots were even present on the sonar nor did anything even look close to what it use to. I managed to catch a few small largemouth, carp, small channel cats, and a small stripper. I'm really after a decent sized channel or stripper but I'm pretty much restricted to the no wake areas due to smaller boat size (I wouldn't feel safe at the unlimited area). I'd also like to try some night fishing. The problem is that I don't have a clue where to start. I've been poking and hoping but that grows old when you catch nothing.
Any help would be appreciated and I'm not asking for exact locations just areas that may be better to concentrate on.
[signature]
good luck with blue marsh!!!!!! i try fishing there but never seem to be very productive.. there is not much structure in the lake all u have to do is go by there in winter when the water is down and u can see it is nothing but sandy stone, and trash from all the pleasure boaters.. some of the old timers i have talked to there say it is the dead sea!! i have heard that there are strippers at the dam, but good luck trying to fish it with all the speed boat and jet ski traffic.. i have had a few close calls with some of them they don't the basics of boating if u ask me.. the most luck i have had there is in the small cove on the left side of the center island.... bass only.. good luck out there this year..
[signature]
HEY GUYS, ya get strippers at the Bloc in Balt. However you can catch STRIPERS at Blue Marsh [crazy]
[signature]