Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trout fishing at nite
ive fished for trout salmon and steelhead at nite for along time i catch alot of fish this way .the big ones come out of hiding on the streams and yes they see your presentation quite well im wondering how many other trout fishermen enjoy the nite...fish-on[fishin]
[signature]
i love it i have caught alot of big trout night fishing.
[signature]
i still havnt figured out how to get the guys of the river with the brite lites and 6 foot of line out ripping every bedding fish they can find.i tried calling the dnr there slow to respond at nite and can never prove there snagging.by the way m-80s only work for a little while.
[signature]
talk to them about it during the day. and let them know what is going on. and demand they do something.
[signature]
i acctualy did that ..they put a ban on lanterns and any lite over a certain pixle problem is getting them to inforce it on 20 miles of river..
[signature]
i tried a little something different tonight with the kids with lites problem ..i stoped and talked to tham and explained that if they put the lites away and fished the runs bellow the beds they wouldnt scare all the fish away and that if they leave the females alone there will be alot more males to catch..they acctualy listened and acted like they didnt know this..they all cought a few fish and thanked me when i left ..maybe we can make a difference....
[signature]
Good on you, Lurtch!
Sometimes I/we get real quick to judge people and figure they are doing aggravating or illegal things out of spite or malice and I do not stop to think, "Gee, has anyone told them a better way?"
Thanks for taking the time to a "mentor" to them. A lot of young people these days do not have a dad or uncle or grandpa to show them the ways of conservation and we need to be quick to come along side, take a risk and show them what we know. I wish someone would have told me so I did not have to learn things the hard way!
[signature]
yup..we shold all feel lucky to have been tought the right way..if you get the chance to pass it on it feels pretty good...
[signature]
CromeJunky and I went out one night to a special hole and in one night we caught a stringer full of rainbows that weighed over 60 pounds. i caught 2 five pounders 1 right after the other. all in about 5 min. i think it was the next cast. we both caught some really good cutts that night to. he caught a 5 1/2 or better cutt. tell you what those are beautiful fish when they are that big.
[signature]
ive done alot of summer trout fishing at nite for browns ..the bigones come out of hiding and feed ive cought some monsters in 1 foot of watterthat should never hold fish...but they seem to be fearless and hungry..
[signature]
you know there are a lot of big browns in the river here but. i've never really caught a bunch of browns at night. it was all rainbows. but i beveive it. i read an article field and stream about that exact thing. and that is what they said. the go from being and oppertunistic feed into hunting mode and a predetor fish. so use big meaty bait. I will have to go and give it a try this weekend. my kids go back with there mom so yeah. i headed out coon hunting tonight from the sounds of it. and then steelheading in challis on sunday. so it will probably be mon. or saturday night. i will have to go and catch some suckers. Minnow and suckers work well. although a couple of days ago like last monday i was fishing below the dam here and i caught 2 suckers 1 on a minnow and 1 rainbow on a minnow. i hooked into a big brown well i can only assume that it was a big brown. i was using to small of a treble hook. so the hook popped out. I have seen the big browns come out at night at this spot and holly heck there are some big fish in this channel. its cool watching those big dorsal fins cruzing accross the top of the water chasing minnows
[signature]
theres always those 1 or 2 big holes on a stretch that you never catch anything out of but it just hasto hold fish...thats were the big one is..noyhing else will go neer it its to big..this is the one that comes out at nite and fills up....i actualy prefer crayfish and or large nite crawler....i will also use a large stonefly pattern i tie up...they do see preatywell at nite...
[signature]
ahh..coon hunting brings back memories..you know a really good dog wont bark when he crosses posted land..
[signature]