Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna Try Again This Weekend
I have been on the water the past 2 weekends for pike and i have been getting alot of fish but no big ones. They are all in the 20 to 24 inch range. Here is the thing, i only catch the little ones but i get a ton of big followers to the boat. They seem to be really lazy. I tried a ton of different lures all with the same result. I also tried slowing and speeding up my retrieve. They still followed. It is supposed to be a really nice sunny day out this sunday. So hopefully that sun will make the big followers livin up a bit. I will be sure to let you guys know how i do, hopfully i will have a picture of some big guys.
[signature]
Its just like fishing bass beds. If you invade the bed the bass will mouth the intruder and push it off the zone. The only time its going to hammer the intruder is if it attacks the eggs or nesting area and the bass feels threaten. Other than that its not in a hungry state. YET!
[signature]
Well guys i went out this past sunday and i did not have much luck at all. The weather was really nice and it was clear blue skies! I thought that we were gonna do really well. Boy was i wrong lol! On my second cast a had a fairly nice pike roll at my lure about 10 feet from the boat. I thought to myself this is gonna be a good day. Nope! That was the first and last pike i seen all day. Me and my buddy threw every pike lure we had with no success, not even a follower came to the boat. So after about 3 hours or so i said im gonna try a different approach since we had to go home soon and i really wanted to boat a pike. So i tied on a 4" plain white tube and texas riged it. I casted it out a few times and got a hit. Yeah i missed it but at least I had a hit. Then a few more casts later as i was pulling the tube off the bottom it felt heavy. So BAM i set the hook and it turned out to be a pretty nice bass. Also happened to be the first bass this season. Anyway if i had another hour or so of fishing time i probably could of boated 1 or 2 more fish but i had plans that evening and had to pull out of there by noon. so all in all not to bad of a day. The white tube trick worked for pike before but this time they did not budge for it. At least it worked for the bass, which i normally don't fish for this time of year but it was nice to see the familiar face. Im still trying to figure out what got into them pike and why they had lock jaw so bad. O well maybe next time. Till then here is a pic of the bass i caught
[signature]