Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice to meet you
Well I'm not good with intros but wanted to say hello. First off wanted to tell a little of myself. I'm in the Army and have been for 13 years. TTBound stands for Transition Teams Bound, seeing that I'm on assignment that will train the opposing force to take control of there country so we, Americans, can get the hell out of there. Big fan of all freshwater spieces.

I'm a fisherman of Colorado and most states around it. Nice to meet you and look forward to doing some chatting on this great sport we call Fishing! When not fishing I'm out on the green stroken away 18 holes!!
[signature]
hiya TT and welcome to the BFT.. thank you for your service.. it is much appreciated by all..

What type of equipment do you use when out on the water.. we have forums for everything so IM sure you will find something you will enjoy..

btw.. when you are out on the course are you ever tempeted to toss a line into some of those small lakes ??? [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
HAHA actually yes, most golf courses actually stock there little ponds with grass carp. I have always wanted to know if there is any other type of fish. From my understanding, ponds generate fish by pure accident. Birds fly to large lakes and other ponds land close to banks and pick up eggs of many different fish. Then they deliver the fish to other locations so. I would guess there would be some different types out on the course.

If you build it, fish will come!! [:p]

Big fan of bait casters, I use for bigger stuff a 6'6" MH Pflueger rod and a Pflueger President Reel, FireLine 10 LB with a 10LB mono backing. Then for my lighter stuff a 6' M Pflueger rod and a Pflueger Spinning reel 6 Pound test mono. Plastics are the way to go with lures.
[signature]
the very first fish I caught on a fly rod was a large mouth bass out of a golf course lake .. been hooked on ff'ing ever since..

maybe you should pack a small rod in your golf bag and wet a line once in a while.. you may be surprised at what you catch..

MacFly
[signature]
Actually fly fishing for me is VERY new. It seems to be one of the hardest for me to adapt and learn. I actually took classes, many classes to learn to fly fish. The spawn period of trout, the spawn process of the mayfly, the cast techniqes. I should have probably just taken a guide with me. Then after about 3 months of grinding my teeth and still nothing I find out that the Arkansas River is NOT the best place for beginners.. Fish probably thinken, look at this sucker!!
[signature]
Welcome to the site TTB, thanks for signing up, I see you are already finding your way around our site and the many boards it offers, have you noticed we have state board also, here is a link to the Colorado board.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=15"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=15[/url]
Thanks so much for all you do in the sevice of our country. WH2
[signature]
oh I think we all can say we have had those "fish looking back us laughing" type of days on the water.. LOL

here is a link to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=69"]fly fishing forum[/url].. maybe you can stop by and chat..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]