Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a name
[center][Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]So what is the name of this fly that [/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]caught this nice brookie?[/size][/#008000][/font]

[center][inline ntf2.jpg]
[signature]
The "not so brookie, but brown" fly? lol [Wink] At least it looks a bit more like a brown, but I have been wrong many-a-time.

Maybe it's a fly that the hackle came undone on...
[signature]
Can't see the fly other than the Grizzly Hackle.
Hmmmm, BROWN fish.....GRIZZLY hackled fly.....How about "THE BEAR SNARE" or THE BEAR TRAP.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][blush]Oops you are right about being a brown. Brookies have light spots on a dark back ground. Should have known better as it is the official state fish of New York. No the fly didn't come undone.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[#008058][Image: happy.gif]Wasn't able to find a similar fly around so a grizzly hackle fly sounds good to me. What ever it seems to have got the job done.[/#008058]
[signature]
is that one of your flies and or fish?? do you have directions on tying that fly.. looks like a simple one even I could handle...

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Sorry to say that is neither my fly or fish. It is one of my screen saver pics. Tried blowing up the picture but still couldn't get a fix on the head. Try a cone head, some herl and the hackle.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline ghf.jpg]
[signature]
It looks like a big "let's throw all the tying scraps on it" streamer. I think there might even be some white rubber legs on there.
[signature]
Like looking at the clouds....NO I SEE IT! I see the rubber legs also.
[signature]
I dont see hackle or rubber legs.. all I see is a fuzzy body and a long streamer feather.. I know thats not technical but my mind is not thinking technical right now.. :-(

but I do see it in grey and white feather and the orange and black feathers FG sent me a long time ago...

MacFly
[signature]
ive seen this fly before about 3 years ago a guy was using it for steelhead and doing well its some kind of caddis cant remember exact name but do know how to tie it ..its simple..
[signature]
Hmmmmmm? I'm seeing the long grizzly hackle, which appears to be topped by either brown or olive hair of some sort, which in turn is topped by black hair.

The rubber legs people are seeing seems to match the mono of the leader. Could be a badly trimmed leader knot, or, perhaps, a weed guard?

All in all, to me the fly suggest a leech pattern.

Brook
[signature]
yeah, some kind of leech pattern on a large 2x short shank hook.
[signature]
do you think dubbing (lt grey maybe) or chenille is used for the body??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
no dubbing or chenille.

I would guess it is all hackle, marabou, and synthetic hair tied in behind the eye.
[signature]
Dang, I wish I had a bigger picture of it!!!!
[signature]
so the body is nothing but thread?? and then tie in all the other material behind the eye??

MacFly
[signature]
That is my guess anyways.

Makes a very fluid leech, lamprey or eel imitation.
[signature]
cool.. I thought the body might have to be a little thicker than that.. but then again the other materials would give the appearance of a body..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Here you are, any larger then it starts to pixelate.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline hac.jpg]
[signature]