Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tube on Brownlee?
I have never fished Brownlee. Does anyone know if it is safe to fish there with a float tube? Ron
[signature]
[cool]I have not personally fished it but know of some guys who have. The main thing is to find protected areas near where you can launch. Even though it is long and narrow, with some high rock walls, there are lots of spots where you can fish gravel bars and other fishy areas without having to get out into the main lake. Just like tubing any big lake. Break it down into several smaller lakes and fish each area just like it was an individual small pond.
[signature]
The only thing I worry about is getting into some water that is fast enough I can't kick back to where I launched. Thanks for the help, I want to try to get some cats like you post. Man that looks fun. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Just check out all the launching spots, and find some with calm water close to shore. Definitely not a good idea to get out into the current if it is stronger than you can handle with fins.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have heard there are some big flathead cats in there, and they hit well at the upper end of the lake in late summer, after it warms up. They like live food...bluegills, perch, crappies, etc. But, they will also hit lures...especially if you put a piece of fish meat on them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks!
Ron
[signature]