Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when?
What do you do when, you find yourself fishing on a designated trout stream near an autistic child about the age of 12 who gets board of fishing and grabs a small hand net and goes chasing them, catching them, then putting them on his stringer?.
[signature]
hey .!.your going to blow my cover..
[signature]
You do what you think is right. I would contact the parent/parents first. If they are not around i would go talk directly to him. If he has the capacity to use a fishing pole, he is much better off than many autistic kids of that age and should understand what you tell him. My friends kid is 16 and acts 4.
[signature]
yours is the responce I expected...

here is the rest of the story, his dad was in the river with him just a few feet away pointing out the trout, there were guys on top of the bridge telling him where the fish were and was enjoying the floor show. I figured he must be austistic as well, I had tried to talk to him ealier in the eve before the poaching and he was not responcive to me at all...

tho it may have been funny to watch, there was a real serious issue about the not learning the value of good sportsmanship.

when I walked up on the bridge, my fishing bud was there watching the spectical and getting a kick out of it, I nudged him on the sholder and said "lets get out of here before the game warden show up and I have to become a witness" the boys mother was standing on the other side of my bud, I didnt get 50 yards away when I heard the kid screaming at the top of his lungs I wanted to keep those fish!!!!!
[signature]