Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit Joes Valley
Weather was terrible most of the time and very windy. I was able to land a few splake on a white/red deceiver and sinking line. I missed 4-5 other strikes and one broke my line when it hit.
I started using some of the loop knots up higher and a 20lb-6lb flouro when nymphing. It made things go a lot smoother.
Fishing was also slow for my buddies on the bank.
[signature]
was the water starting to get muddy yet?
[signature]
Around the creeks were muddy but not too bad. The water was discolored farther out on Mon. morning than Fri. I dont know if it was because of all the wind and the added rain, snowmelt or both.
Some of the access on the marina side was hard to get to because of the mud. Once you got within 10 feet of the water we would start to sink.
Im not very familiar with the lake so I never hit the dam side.
[signature]
thanks. i was hope to get up there befor the run off hit.. but sounds like it's started.. darn it.. oh well i'll get there sooner or later.. lol

thaks again for the report..
[signature]
I looked at some of the stomach contents and it appeared they have been eating crayfish and small midge larva maybe. There were also some small adult midge looking flies around. I did not notice any other flies or larva in the water. I only saw 2 smaller fish surface the whole time. Lots of smaller birds hitting the water though.
[signature]
forget the bugs and think chubs! If you are fly fishing Joe's Valley, you would best be served by throwing minnow or chub pattern flies...
[signature]
Ya, I was throwing deceivers, clouser's, and white woolybugger type stuff.
[signature]