Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMOKER!!
My wife asked me what i wanted for fathersday and i told her a smoker. I have been wanting one for a year now. She replied what kind. I know i want a electric and dont want to spend to much no more than 150 bucks if possible. But i dont know what brands better than another any info would be helpful.
[signature]
I am not sure about brands but the lil chief has been around for a long while, they are just light so won't hold the temp as well as a heavvier one. This really only becomes important if you are doing something big like a turkey or brisket.

Howevver if you are willing to spend a little money I would recomend a Traeger smoker they use wood pellets that come in many flavors and you can hold temp for a long time 8-12 hours and it does a fantastic ob.
[signature]
anyone know much about the colmens i found one for just over 100 bucks and its big. I checked the lilsmokers out and they are just a bit small for what i am after. I would like to be able to smoke alot at once to make it easier.
[signature]
I had a big chief smoker for years and it did me just fine, last year my wife bought me the smoker that camp chef makes, I can't remember the name. Anyway, it's propane, not electric, but I really like it. I can keep a very low and even temperature when smoking fish, something I had trouble with using the big/little chief smokers.

I just remembered the name, it's called the Smoke Vault. It had a thermometer on the door and plenty of room for a lot of fish or jerky. I just did 15 pounds of jerky on a Saturday a couple weeks ago, and could have done more if I'd wanted to. Anyway, that is just my two cents.
[signature]
ya i checked out the big chiefs and everyone said they just dont hold the heat very well. I am after something i can put a turkey or a couple racks of ribs into. does your stand on legs. thats kind of the type i am after. i think i am going to go with a propane one anyway that way i can take it camping with me and smoke fish up right there. i have a while anyway i just want to have it before duck season.
[signature]
Ya, it's on legs. There are a lot of smokers out there, and for the money I am very happy with the smoke vault.
[signature]
I just got done making one its out of 55 gallon drum and old weber grill It rocks.... Its got side racks and wheels with temp gauges and multi racks and guess what its huge and I spent hardly no money.
[signature]
looked at a smoke vault last night but a buddy of a buddy offered to help me make one so i think i may go about it that way also.
[signature]