Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surprised you fish ?
last night i could have sworn that i was pulling a walleye out of my favorite bass hole . had a few hit my offerings there before but haven't landed one yet .

on first cast into the hole a slight tug then , wham ! the reel started screaming .that's no bass i thought , for sure a marble eye , untill the net came up with a 18" brown trout . man that took me by surprise !

of course my lifetime surprise fish was a stergon as a kid , my dad thought i had a pike or a big cat on , untill it started to pull the canoe out into the lake , surfaced one time and scared the stew outta me and dad , it was almost as long as the canoe itself .

whats your surprise fish story ?
[signature]
[Tongue] I went fishing and caught a fish !!!! LOL , No really , ice fishing once , I thought I had a big walleye on , and up out of the whole came a 10# Catfish !

Flagmanonice...............
[signature]
well, my story is kinda different. I was using a plastic worm fishing for bass. and i hooked something. when i was bringing it up, it was just dead weight. I saw color and it just looked like a styrofoam cup, but then i brought it out of the water, and it started kicking. It was weird!

joe
[signature]
WHICH WAY DID HE GO GEORGE???? HAAHHAA JOE???? HAHAHA MEMBER THAT CARTOON?? HAHA [Smile][Wink][cool][laugh]
[signature]
HI FLAG!! WELL I ALMOST DID THE SAME THING. I WAS fishin with my fatherr first few times we,d gone, i was only maybe 6 and i was small fer my age. height wise size wise. anywas we was fishin the connecticut river first time there and was fishin off the ledge in the hole. pa said we,d be catchin some good hornput there. [catfish]as you say. anywas my line started movin a hair, and i told pa. well he was bullin with some dude, and it did it again just a hair. i told him again, well all of a sudden it staarted headin out, fishpole and all! i gtrabbed it and strted screamin papapapa !!! well thepole started goin, i was goin cause the more he was pullin the more i was goin towards the hole, he grabbed me i still had the pole in my hands cause i weren,t gonna let that sucker go cause pa wouldn,t got me another one, i figured so that fish weren,t gonna git it i said!!!!! i was some scat, lookin at that hole the fiswhpole and me just gittin closer!! headin towards the river!!!!! haah the fish come straight up out the water and all silver and huge!! i almost did let go of that fishpole then!!!! holy ---- i said!!! well he hepped me reel it in. by hangin onto to me and the pole and it was one of them great huge carp!!! i said you can be cuttin that line haha i,ll never fergit thtt one!! haha it was bigger than me!!!!! and i can,t member how much it weighed but i sure had him throw it back!!!!! and from then on till i was alot older did i ever fish that river again. i stuck to my brooks hahahahahaha this to me is like 3 times yer out hahaha well i guess so, in the river!! hahaha but that,s the ways it,s been all my life hahaaha later!! haha mare
[signature]
HAHAAHA I HEAR YA THERE BUD!!! WE,RE STILL FISHIN HAHA LATER!!!
[signature]
my surpise catch was'nt a fish it was a big 6" long texas cotton mouth ( snake ) when i pulled that puppy it scared me so bad i just threw the pole and every in the water with it it was just a cane pole anyways
[signature]
hey! haha I DON,T BLAME YA I WOULD OF TOO EVEN IF IT WAS MY UGLY STICK AND THAT,S SOMETHIN HAHA BUT I,D A BEEN HOT!!!
[signature]
I WOULD HAVE HAD TO THROW MY SHORTS IN ALONG WITH THE POLE ! LOL !
[signature]
Similar thing happened to me years and years back at Lake Skinner in Southern Calif. Fishing near the shoreline and hooked a snake!

Of course I didn't no that until he was at the waterline. I hooked him in the body. I tried to reach down and grab the hook but he turned towards me everytime.

I said [url "mailtoConfusedcr@w"]scr@w[/url] it and cut the line. Sorry Charlie [unsure]
[signature]
[cool]caught a 4ft grennel weighed 65 pounds
[signature]
I was catfishig once and though that I hooked something. My reel was screaming for about 5 seconds and then stopped. I did a gentle tug on the pole and thought the fish had gotten off. About a half hour later I decided to check my bait and felt some more resistance. There was a baby 4lb cat on the other end of the line.
[signature]
Ha ha TubeN2, that's happened to me several times as well! Only the culprits were small mudcats, not anything with any size. Sometimes they like to tease ya!
[signature]
blue gill fishing i pulled in an american eel , ever try to get your hook off one of those ? the slimey things wrap themselves around anything they touch !
[signature]