Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 eyes
we got 15 eyes today in Au gres.oh man there was like 100.000 boats out ..but we did good 3 guys 15 eyes
[signature]
so whats the hot bait..jigging or trolling
[signature]
Trolling night crawlers with pink...... 43 foot of water
[signature]
thanks guy that acctually helps alot..
[signature]
Your wifes favorite fish , bet she couldn't wait for that dinner !

I went over to the honey hole yesterday and did really crappy just like the barometer said I would .
One 6" smallie , a 15" sucker and a ...... well I'll post that catch in another thread , it's a short video clip .
[signature]
ya was a nice dinner with a side of mushrooms....when ya coming this way? let me know we could hit Hubbard lake.... or maybe that one place I took ya before... long lake is full of Artisan pond weed ..what a mess that place is ...
or maybe out on lake Huron again for walleyes
you know me it don't matter lol
oh we got one other fish that day out on the bay ..I'll tell ya about it some time LOL
[signature]
This thread caught my EYE!!lol Love it! Went out over the weekend in Southern Idaho. SCMACK ATTACK!!!! 26 EYE's in 3 hours(not including other species).....!!! and I was in FEEDING FRENZY jiggin white gulp from bank to about 20 feet. Shoreline to hydrilla SM bite.....then in hydrillas were perch... outside of hydrilla I found... guess what???EYE's a lurkin for the Perch!!! All bit on the SAME jig!!! Those poor Perch were surrounded by vultures!lol!
Love my Eye's though! Poor MA's Lobster(in my area)
Smiley!
MA
[signature]
Hey , thanks for joining in [cool] !!
I usually fish for walleys out on the great lakes but now i'm living in the center of the state where most the time they are just keeper size .
Sometimes when i'm fishing these small rivers(just deep enough to walk across ) ya' get a grand daddy 30" or better .
[signature]
AH YES!! Gotta love the river EYE's that's what I'm best at. I'm learning how to fish them in the depths and on BIG water....quite a bit different to catch 60 foot from ankle foot!lol River is more exciting to me for sight. Plus the fight is a bit better!
Thank you back! I get busy so rattle my chains with your sweet catches in Michigan!!! I enjoy ALL of it!!
Smiles Always![cool]
MA
[signature]
26 eyes great..... here in Michigan we can only keep 5 eyes at a time .the biggest one i even got was a 9lb. at Alcona dam.... I got a buddy that got a 30" some thing 2 weeks ago ..so far the biggest in the state from the DNr master anglers ..got it on lake Huron. I'' see if i can get a pic
[signature]
uor best bite on this side of the state starts in august..try to get some pics when we start getting into them..
[signature]
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/videos/

"Ultra-lite turtle"

I cut out the first few rod bending and line peeling minutes (probably the best part of the whole thing )
but I have limited bandwidth .
He wasen't hooked , just wouldn't let go !
This softshelled turtle was around 10" across but I have seen them as big as 25" across while they are sunning themselves on the rocks .
[signature]
Leatherback? I could make out the head on the rock, or was that the whole turtle?

I know ya aint going to manaird handle no aligator snapper that a way... [laugh] lessen hes a little bitty one.

when a gator turtle grabs hold of the bottom, you may as well cut your line, he can wait a lot longer than you... a hundred years longer... LOL

tough job documenting your catch while catching it at the same time.... good job, I have yet to master the art my self...
[signature]
I'm looking out the door and there are a half dozen cotton tails running around the yard . Yesterday we had a spotted deer in the front yard .

Yep a letherback , that stream has a lot of em' . It fought like a smallie at first then came in without too much fuss . it grabbed the grub ( I get the grubs by peeling the bark off of old fallen pine trees )
The grubs are huge and can take a few fish before you have to rebait your hook .
The turtle looks kinda small in the video because it was a "wide shot " , some of them get pretty big , big enough to make a body think twice about wading in that bit of water [bobhappy].

The stream has its share of snappers and painted too .
[signature]
I have actualy targeted leatherbacks while fishing, did pretty good, I found me a spot where I could almost garentee 4-5 at least 18 across the back the short way.

"the new moon is the best time for leatherbacks.." [cool]
[signature]