Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lure suggestions
i'm going to completely restock my tackle box and i don't really know a lot about lures so i need some suggestions on what to get. i would also appreciate if you told me the best environment to use it in too. thanks for all the help.
[signature]
please list what fish youll be chasing first..
[signature]
ill mainly be fishing for bass
[signature]
theres alot of people on this forum that would have better and more up to date info on bass lures..now that they know what your looking for thell jump in and help you out...
[signature]
You can write a book on this and alot of folks have. Check the bass board for questions like you have. Subscribe to bassmasters magazine to learn when to throw what. Listen to what the locals are useing and when.
[signature]
I would do some research on actually how to use different baits before you go through and buy them. There's tons of videos online showing you how to use specific types of baits. Some are easier than others but with practice anyone can master any lure. If your new to bass fishing, I would start by getting a good ol' spinner bait. White has worked the best for me. They can get complicated with the various types of blades they come with but I would say just get one of each. One willow leaf, one Colorado, and one Indiana blade. As for using them, you just simply cast and retrieve.
[signature]
Howdy,
I have found that the Buzz baits that Wal-Mart sell for a $1 can be easily modified for great performance.
List of supplies that you need.....
- A Buzz Bait from Wal-Mart (Any Color)
- Package of Color Beads (Found in the arts and crafts aisle)
- Scissors
- Pair of needle nose pliers
- Drill and Drill bit

First lay the buzz bait on the table and remove the blade from the wire. Do this with your needle nose pliers. Set the blade aside for now.

Second (Optional), take your blade from the lure and you are going to drill two small holes. Place one hole on one half of the blade and the other hole directly across on the opposite side of the blade. The reason I did this was for more disturbance and bubbles when the lure is in the water. I would start with a small drill bit then work your way up to your individual preference.

Third step, take out 2 beads from the package and slide one bead on the wire where the blade was removed. This bead will keep the blade from sliding down during the retrieval of the lure. Then slide the balde back on the wire until the blade rests gently against the bead. On selecting the beads try and get colors that will reflect the most light. After the second bead has been slid in place take the pliers and rebend the wire to keep the beads and blade in place. One important note is to leave a little room so the blade will rotate in the water.

Finally, if you look at this buzzbait you will notice that the skirt is pretty long and will have a tendency to get wrapped up with the blade while fishing. I fixed this by taking my scissors and trimming the skirt.

I will always have one of these in my tackle box.

Happy Fishing......
[signature]
That sound like a really nice way to add a little more attraction to a buzz bait. I'll have to give a shot. Thanks man.
[signature]
No problem always trying to help out a fellow angler. I would say the most important thing is to get the right size beads, I did this through trial and error............. best of luck and let me know how it works out[cool]
[signature]
I'll be sure to let you know how it works out. As soon as the weather warms up here in CT. Can't come soon enough lol
[signature]
For starters I would get a package of plastic worms and some hooks. I've had a lot of luck wacky rigging a worm. What you do is bend the worm in half with both ends touching each other, then take a hook and hook it right were the middle is on the worm. Try to make the hook as close to the middle as possible. One color i really like is black with blue flakes. That color always works for were I fish for bass.
[signature]