Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
huntington creek
im goin to ferron on thursday and im goin to hit up huntington creek. where is a good spot to go and whats good to use? i have never fished it before and im bringing my farther-in-law for his first time fly fishing. i appreciate any info that i can get. good fishing to all
[signature]
I fish hunington quite a bit ,fish the first 2 to 3 miles below the dam(electric lake)size # 12 to#14 stimulators! you will slay fish, its kind of stealth fishing,but it is a blast. you can go dropper,but this time of year i dont bother,Fish riffles drop offs,pretty much anywhere as before mentioned below dam. no hogs,but a ton of fish in the 10 to 15 in. zone.use no more than a #4 wt. good luck! (caddis beetles and ants are always a good option )
[signature]
thanks for the info. i will be fishing it friday morning. i also heard that stone flys r good too. have u tried them? what about hoppers? r they hot there right now?
[signature]
Hoppers and parachute adams are the ticket.
[signature]
stimulators mimic stoneflies and hoppers,so you are both correct!And by the way schlitz, from one cornhusker to another, GO SKERZ!(your big 12 2009 champ) Bigfraz
[signature]
Husker Nation is never far away. GO BIG RED!

Schlitz-
[signature]
Make sure and to take your favorite bug spray as the biting flies were out in force last trip!!!
[signature]