Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
glue flys
does anybody use the glue guns with different collor glue sticks for anything other then egg flies..seems like you could do alot of diferrent things with it..
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif]No lurtch I haven't. Although I guess it is not that uncommon as Doug Brewer wrote a book about using a glue gun in fly tying.
[center][inline hdb1lg.jpg]
[/center]
[signature]
i tried using em for eyes and bead heads..always thought there so much more you could do with the idea..you do need a rotating vice to use the glue..otherwise it doesnt work..on the egg you just spin the hook till the glue starts to harden..makes a perfectly round egg..maybee we could take this idea a step farther and use it for some body ideas..i seen your lava fly and thought maybe this is how you did it..
[signature]
a while back a member (who recently passed away) did a carp fly and used bead chain to create the eyes.. a tail like a wooly bugger.. and then covered the hook and eyes with an epoxy that he colored to form the bodies.. Im willing to bet that you could do the same thing with hot melt glue..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
the glue sticks come in about 30 different colors now..the posibilities would be endless..
[signature]
I tried to find the old posts by him but couldnt.. maybe FG kept them somewhere.. but these carp flies (could be used for anything really) were awesome looking.. he did them in a pale yellow and like a rootbeer color.. (if I remember right)..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]