Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats this all about?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: dumb.gif]Get a load of all these rods someone has posted on eBay. Condition was stated as new. Current bid is $10 but doubt that will last very long. Go figure.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline "65 pieces.jpg"]
[/center]
[signature]
uuhhmmmm someone decided they dont like to fly fish any more.. ?? maybe I should have a look at that.. get and then donate em maybe.. whaddya thing mi amigo??

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: dumb.gif]I think that those items might be HOT. Where does someone get a whole bunch of new rods and reels unless they are a dealer. If you notice that the corks are still wrapped in plastic.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I noticed that.. but when I read the description it also said there was a lot of parts.. some new.. some used (but as you said most of it looks new to me).. and they were clearing miscellaneous "left overs" to make room for new stock.. ??

still at 10 bucks.. for at least three new reels, a rod case.. and from I can see at least 5 or 6 rods?? it is really tempting to say the least.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[quote macfly55]I noticed that.. but when I read the description it also said there was a lot of parts.. some new.. some used (but as you said most of it looks new to me).. and they were clearing miscellaneous "left overs" to make room for new stock.. ??

still at 10 bucks.. for at least three new reels, a rod case.. and from I can see at least 5 or 6 rods?? it is really tempting to say the least.. :-)

MacFly [cool][/quote]

More like 25+ rods. Looking at the rods most look like
some cheap stuff.But stil, where did all that stuff come
from ?!?!?!?!?

Peter
[signature]
What does that auctions heading say????
Or auction number or something please.
I would like to take a closer look, just to see whats up.

Peter
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hi peter - give this link a try[/size][/#008000][/font]:

[/center]
http://shop.ebay.com/items/fly%20rod%20p...=1&_sop=12
[signature]
rut roh shaggy.. its jumped up almost 7 bucks.. and still 5 days to go.. :-)..

but this is Im gonna keep an eye on anyway.. if it stays low enough I may try to pick it up to see what I actually get.. :-)

MacFly
[signature]
Thank you for the link. I looked at it and I dont think its that
good of a stuff. For the most part those are "starter"
rods and most maybe damaged. Now, if some fly club
wants to get bunch of kids going on FF it maybe a good
thing.
I will watch it and see what happens. My guess is -it will
sell for $167.00 for everything. But thats just MY
guess.Lets have some fun with it. What is YOUR and
everybody alse guess????????????????
Who ever is closer to final price will WIN a prize that
I will send to personaly. It wont be big but It will be nice.
You must guess no later then 48 hours before the
auction ends.

Peter
[signature]
lets see.. those all in ones would go for about 60.00 each new.. I see like four of those.. plus the extra gear.. the rod/reel bag, and the shakespeare rod they mention.. now. it being on ebay as an auction for as they say a "quick sell" to make way for new inventory.. Id say the whole lot will go for about .. hmmmmm..

$90.00.. plus shipping..

MacFly[cool]
[signature]
Ok, no more guessing from anyone. Well, it sure looks like its just you and me big guy. Nobody alse wanted to
play[:/].
I hope you win [Smile]

Peter
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][blush]Sorry - completely slipped my mind.
Was going to say $229.00. I'll wait for you
to post the final bid.
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
I just looked at the site and its up to 55.00 with 42 hours to go.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[quote Dryrod]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][blush]Sorry - completely slipped my mind.
Was going to say $229.00. I'll wait for you
to post the final bid.
[/size][/#008000][/font]

[/quote]

I trust you so you in-$229.00 it is.

Peter
[signature]
[quote macfly55]lets see.. those all in ones would go for about 60.00 each new.. I see like four of those.. plus the extra gear.. the rod/reel bag, and the shakespeare rod they mention.. now. it being on ebay as an auction for as they say a "quick sell" to make way for new inventory.. Id say the whole lot will go for about .. hmmmmm..

$90.00.. plus shipping..

MacFly[cool][/quote]

Final prise $108,38 -YOU WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a hard guessing game. We had hundreds
of people putting in they final prise guess.Yeah
right ![Smile]

Congrats my friend .All you need to do is PM me
wher you want me to send you your prize.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: dumb.gif]I was only off by $120, wonder what I can buy with this new found money? lol Oh yea I just picked up a wading jacket and have $20 left over. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[quote Dryrod][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][.img][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/images/gforum/dumb.gif[/img]I"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...orum/dumb.gif[/img]I[/url] was only off by $120, wonder what I can buy with this new found money? lol Oh yea I just picked up a wading jacket and have $20 left over. [/size][/#008000][/font][/quote]

Nice, new wading jacket. Good for you my friend.[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Thanks. Wanted something that would break the wind and keep me comfortable when I hit those alpine creeks and weirs.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
thank you.. Ill send a pm soonest..

as I told DR earlier today I wish I could of been bidding on it.. then donate to an org that needs it.. like wounded warriors, or the scouts, something like that.. but with the remodel on the house we just did my "banker" has told me it is time to tighten the spending belt until she gets back to her reserve comfort zone.. LOL..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do [Wink]
[signature]