Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake sherwood
[Smile]Lake sherwwod has one of the best fishing spots for bass[Smile
its hard to get in but its great for testing out new lures because it is so easy!!!![Smile]
[signature]

Hi there caseman98,

I hope you're offering ol JapanRon a trip there as I used to fish that place in the early 60's when I was first learning to chunk a deerhair bug with my clunky garcia fly rod.

I'm glad you went! Could you give us an idea as to the kind of day you had? Gvanzant and I could go down memory lane on that one. If I remember right it was deeeeeeep and rocky with clean, clean, clear water.

Make our mouths water, I dare ya!

Your Buddy,

JapanRon
[signature]
Ya deep with clear water but its hard to get in. security tight but the fishings great. I go almost every day, maybe ill see you there?

caseman98
[signature]
Yeh: It has always had tight security, as far back as 1950(I think).It has always produced some nice bass but don't get caught. It is part of the California Aquaduct much like Lake Matthews and very restrictive. Back in those days I could outrun the law easily on Lake Matthews but there was no place to go on Sherwood. Lake Sherwood in those days had crappie the size of plates in it. Finally, the last time I got caught (1950) the sherrif said the next time I see you in here you are going to Jail just like the Orange County Sheriff said to me when he caught my boat in the Seal Beach ammunition jetty the home of the 30 pound halibut.
[signature]