Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow...i bought a baby sucker?
so yesterday i go like i usually do to pick up some live shiners. As my parents were driving me back to the river, i looked in the bucket and saw a "shiner" that looked deformed. So i kept staring at it trying to see what it was. Then i picked it up and was amazed! it was a sucker! So am I allowed to keep? or do i have to let it back in a river or lake since it's below minimum length
[signature]
Hummm im not really sure what i would do about this. Even if you do use it the chances of you getting caught are low. I dont know what a warden would do if he seen that??? i dont fish with live bait.
[signature]
well i'm not using it. I just wanna know if I can keep it or not.
[signature]
[quote Aznavalanche]well i'm not using it. I just wanna know if I can keep it or not.[/quote]

Well from looking up in the rules and regulations a sucker is either consider a bait fish or a panfish in the commonwealth waters. There is no minimum of size on these and you are allowed up to 50 a day. As for keeping it you are allowed to keep it in a aquarium at home in the state of PA as long as it meets the fish and game requirements of Size and creel limits. But its not recommended since wild fish have a hard time adapting to a aquarium.
[signature]