Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my archery buck
Here are the pics of my archery buck...I am thinking he scores about 200![Tongue]
[signature]
Well he may not score 200 but a nice buck none the less. Congrats!!!
[signature]
Maybe 220![crazy]

Those numbers don't mean nothing anyway. That's a great buck! Good job!
[signature]
Congrats on getting such a great animal! Thanks for sharing the pics.
[signature]
200+ easy! haha what a good lookin' buck though! his velvet is in perfect shape! When did ya kill him? How far was your shot/recovery? What broadhead do you like shooting?
[signature]
This buck was actually with another buck that was a better buck (isn't that what hunters always say?). The other buck had better forks on the front and 2-3 inch eyeguards on both sides...he was a really symmetrical buck. But, beggars can't be choosers...after missing the bigger buck at 52 yards (my excitement lead to a poor shot where the bow string hit my arm and my arrow flew out funny), I shot my buck at about 58 yards. Although my immediate thought was that I had hit him too low and in the front leg, I could tell quickly I was wrong. After bolting and running hard for about 30-40 yards, he started limping and went down around 80 yards away from where he was shot. After seeing him go down, I left to get my brothers and the camera. An hour or so after I shot him, we tracked him down and he had expired where he went down. I believe I could have walked right to him after I saw him go down and he would have been dead. The shot hit him immediately in front of the shoulder blade and passed through the deer. He lost a lot of blood...

...my bow is about 20 years old (an Easton Raider) that I purchased after graduating from high school. Although I have been wanting to purchase a new bow that shoots quicker and flatter, I just can't bring myself to change. I love that old bow and have had good success with it. I also have had a hard time switching from my old aluminum arrows. Not ironically, I also shoot the cheapest broad heads I can find. But, they have never seemed to matter. I don't feel like I have ever lost an animal because of broad head performance or lack of a more modern bow...

...all in all, and despite the buck, this was a very enjoyable hunt. I saw lots of nice mature bucks along with the numerous yearlings. I really feel like buck numbers and the deer population has gradually been improving for several years in the areas I hunt.
[signature]
Congrats on a bueatiful buck. Deer numbers seemed really good this year even after the two bad winters. I shot a small two point on opening day and have since passed up 6 other bucks while hunting elk. One of them was a real nice 4 pointer. He has come in to one of my wallows twice now. Darned the luck huh. Oh well hopefully he will be around next year.
[signature]
Very nice buck, I don't think I could have passed him up even if the other was bigger. I am glad everyone has been seeing more deer/bucks this year, becasue I am not. I have seen less this year than probably the last 5 years.Oh well, I am still at it and having fun with the pursuit.
[signature]
nice looking deer. his crab claw fronts will kill his score. but he is still a 4by4. the other buck sounds like he could have the 200 inch buck. it takes way deep forks to break the 200 inch mark. good job.[Wink] i will guess he wil net 160.
[signature]
Very nice buck! Nothing to be ashamed of there. I'm liking the old school camo too.
[signature]
Nice job on that nice buck! you planning on mounting him? Old school still works thats for sure.
[signature]
Nice buck i've been chasing around some nice 4x4's my self. I bet he scores between 150-160. He's a shooter thats all that's important and a buck alot of people dream about shooting like myself.[Smile]
[signature]