Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It started out to be-
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]I started to tie some copper johns and got carried away with one of my designs and wound up making a CJ Spider. Kind of ugly but it might just attract an ugly fish. LOL[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline "CJS 1 006.jpg"]
[/center]
[signature]
uuhhhhmmm whats ugly about it ?? looks like a good tie to me..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
It looks better then the one I ty. Oh wait, I dont ty just yet.
Maybe I should start soon[Smile]

Peter
[signature]
Nice and BUGGY!!!!
[signature]
lol. isnt buggy what the fishies like??

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: dumb.gif]Still haven't got the hang of tying on turkey biot and the Hungarian Partridge feathers. Those suckers are so delicate that my fan blows them across the room. I try to tack the biots together in a V before hand otherwise they go where they want too. Any suggestions tiers?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I am not understanding the question on the biot. Are you using ONE for a body? Or what?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]No the two biots are for the tail. They are suppose to fan away from each other like in a V shape.The body is copper wire and the thorax is peacock herl. The leggy part is Hungarian Partridge feather.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
OH. I always make a ball at the bend of the hook with my thread then lay the Biot cris cross on top. Tie them down at the connection. I know they say to tie down the sides, but that is close together.
As for the Partridge. I use just the tip and tie it in the top of the hook by the tip of the feather. I fold it over to the bead or eye, then cover with the wing case material, so the stem of the partridge is running right down the middle and the feather flares out to the sides of the wing case.
[signature]
so you basically have a copper john with a hungarian partridge hackle tied in??
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Thanks, I'll give that a try.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Well actually the recipe calls for the HPF but not they way that I tied it. Thus the name CJ [copper john] Spider. Reminds me of a daddy long legs. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hey there mi amigo - it is too darn hot to be working in the yard, although the pool is rather tempting, so I sit here tying and reading all your posts.[/size][/#008000][/font][Image: sleepy.gif]
[/center]
[signature]
the reason I asked was I went and looked at a cj recipe and the hpf is suppose to be small wings right?? so I am guessing you just did a hackle instead??

also.. the recipe called for a piece of flashabou but never said that to do with it after it was tied in... is that part of the wing casing???

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Yup - did the old hackle bit. The flash on this one is covered over with epoxy highlighting the flash. Just another way to skin a cat.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline DSC05120.JPG]
[/center]
[center]
[/center]
[signature]
thats what I figured but in what I read it was not specified.. :-)... thank you mi amigo..

MacFly
[signature]