Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Stoner, Boulder Fly Guide
Thanks to everyone that chimed in prior to my recent trip to Boulder Mountain.

As I said I had a day planned for our group with the infamous guide, Steve Stoner, out of Boulder.

Your warnings and forebodings were all taken to heart, but being the hearty adventurous soul I am, we went for it!

Steve is very strange. His "drill sergeant"[font "Calibri"] teaching style is hard to take and his "stand at attention when I am talking to you" manner is really tough.[/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]BUT... he did get us on fish and he did get my newbie buddies casting 30 feet with confidence.[/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]If I had not had your advance warning I would have gone balastic at the manner with which he speaks to paying clients. Knowing what we were up against made it a bit more expected.[/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]Would I do it again?[/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]No.[/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]

As for fishing in the beautiful Boulder Mountain area, we had a great time at upper lakes. Also fished the Fremont River in the oxbows above Mill Meadow Reservoir. On our last day we drove down to Mammoth Creek in Hatch for lots more fish. Released one over 16" taken on a dry along with lots of dinks at the creek.

[font "Calibri"]Gnosses[/font]
[signature]
Nice report! Is that the infamous guide in the second pic? I wonder if he's ever had any confrontations in the time he been doing that. You gotta think he's encountered somebody that just wasn't having it, and said dude I'm NOT gonna let you talk to me like that.
[signature]
A smack talking guide? What's next? That's ridiculous. I know I wouldn't have been able to take any of that. He'd be going for a swim real quick! [sly] Surprised he's still in business??????

-Rich
[signature]
I had the misfortune of having to hang out with him on that mountain for 4 days. We had an agreement about a film that we were doing. He would take us places, and we DID NOT NEED HELP WITH THE FISHING!!!! We weren't rude or anything, but it turned ugly fast once he realized I wasn't going to tie on a pheasant tail and fish it the way he wanted me to... He ended up ditching two of us up high, and we were lucky to find our way back to the trail head.... He is one of the biggest A-Holes I have ever met.

You should have asked him what he thought of CheechWink You would have had some prime entertainment.

Cheech
[signature]
[quote TubeDud]I had the misfortune of having to hang out with him on that mountain for 4 days. We had an agreement about a film that we were doing. He would take us places, and we DID NOT NEED HELP WITH THE FISHING!!!! We weren't rude or anything, but it turned ugly fast once he realized I wasn't going to tie on a pheasant tail and fish it the way he wanted me to... He ended up ditching two of us up high, and we were lucky to find our way back to the trail head.... He is one of the biggest A-Holes I have ever met.

You should have asked him what he thought of CheechWink You would have had some prime entertainment.

Cheech[/quote]

That guy is a total A-Hole like Cheech said. He even got my Dad pissed off at him (which is saying more than i can type). I cannot believe that idiot is still in business.

I was one of the ones who warned you no to go. He does know the mountain but next time hire Mike at the quiet fly fisher right there in Loa. He is exactly that-Quiet hahaha...

If guides were under the state of Utah that putz would have been shut down years ago.
[signature]
oh no stoner on the lose..[pirate] Save us all[sly][sly]
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT !