Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Fort Peck
I was wondering if any of you fish Fort Peck We are thinking of going up there this next June or July we mainly going to target Pike and Small mouth I would like to know any points of interest and places to stay. Weres a good place to launch our boat and camp. Any info would be great.
I will be coming from utah the question is. Whens the best month on the average to fish this massive lake.
By the way thanks for any info
[signature]
Hello my name is Dave I work at a local sporting goods store in Lewistown Mt. I am the President of the Crooked Creek Chapter of Walleyes unlimited. I fish the Fort peck lake almost every other week end. The pike fishing has been slow for a number of years do to low water and know pike spawn for the last ten years. You'll catch a few but they are hard to find. The Bass fishing on the other hand is unbelievable and getting better. The best time to come is the end of june or first part of July. A good place to go is called Hell creek. It has great camping and power with a place to get gas. The walleye fishing is also incredible. Good luck and let us know if we can help you any other way.
[signature]
Hi thanks for the info Ill try and get in touch with you before my group and I head up there and well have too stop by the store you work at and buy some of your recommended gear
thanks again by the way
[signature]
When is the best month for the Eyes ?
[signature]
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Was thinking of taking a trip up there around mid June. IS this a good time for walleye? Also, where are good places to stay that are close to a launch site.
OP- don't mean to hijack your thread, just looking for some good info on Fort Peck too! Smile
[signature]
Check out hellcreekmarina.com Clint and Deb will take good care of you down there. They have rooms available if you dont want to haul the camper, nice boat ramp, bait, food, beer, gas, anything else you would need. June is a great time for eyes as well as SMB and perch.

Good luck
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Will definetly check it out!
[signature]