Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G Loomis EastFork Rod Question
Has anybody had any experience with the Loomis Eastfork rod? I'm looking at getting one and haven't found a lot of reviews? Please let me know
[signature]
http://michaelgracie.com/2009/03/28/rod-...-4-part-1/
[signature]
Thank you FG. That site and Cabelas are the only 2 places that I've found a review of the rod. Was just hoping to hear any other opinions. My rod broke up at the berry and this rod is what Loomis will be replacing it with as my rod is no longer available.
[signature]
Out of curiosity, what rod did the Eastfork replace in the line? I've been tossing a GL3 for almost 15 years now. Love that rod, and think that Loomis has quality enough specs to assure a quality product. Just my two cents.
[signature]
I would like to know also which has been discontinued.
What I read on this rod seems like a sweet stick, sorry I haven't had a chance to cast one. Loved the STREAMDANCE GLX.
[signature]
The rod that the Eastfork will be replacing is the Streamdance Metolius, which is a rod that I've really enjoyed and will miss. Hopefully I enjoy the Eastfork as much. Unfortunately the Metolius met an early demise due to a storm up on Strawberry on Sunday
[signature]
Already moving on from a streamdance model? It hasn't been that long that they've been producing them, has it? Maybe they just aren't getting the sales they expected?? Nothing like a new product name to try and boost sales! I'm sure it's basically the same rod...but that's just my guess.
[signature]
The StreamDance GLX is still in production, but the metolius is gone. Based on price the GLX is a superior rod than the metolius was.
[signature]
Figures, if I like it, it has got to cost more[laugh][Tongue]
[signature]
Just received the Eastfork. Took it out on the lawn and put some line through it, I think i'll really like it. Taking it up to Strawberry this weekend and see what I can get into with some streamers. Hopefully hit a river in the next couple of weeks.
Graduate school will be over in 4 more weeks and then I can get out a lot more, I'm way pumped!
[signature]