Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Carp Bait...
In your opinion, what is the best carp bait? I've used corn but have not had a huge amount of success. Please post.
[signature]
cornmeal, mixed with sugar, water, and vanilla heated in a ziplock bag until thick. Work it and use it like you would a dough bait. Good Luck!
[signature]
worms[Wink]
[signature]
I'm going to have to go with lunkerhunter and say worms.
[signature]
My only problem is that i can't keep other fish off of the worms.
[signature]
[quote 20inchbass]My only problem is that i can't keep other fish off of the worms.[/quote]
Is that a bad thing???
[signature]
They sell catfish dough bait that you can buy. Never used it myself, but a few buddies of mine said it works great for them.
[signature]
[quote lunkerhunter2][quote 20inchbass]My only problem is that i can't keep other fish off of the worms.[/quote]
Is that a bad thing???[/quote]

well actually yes because there are a lot of bluegill and sunfish that mess with it till they get hooked
[signature]
I still don't see the real problem. You are catching fish aren't you??? I wish i had your problem.[:p]
I all reality though, that is one drawback of using worms. You will catch everything on it. Try using a much bigger piece or adding some sort of scent that the panfish don't like.
[signature]
I use a homeade dough bait and knock-em out , you can also try maize, it is basically deer corn prepared to soften it up.
[signature]
ii caught a 35 pounds carp on a single maggot it was my last maggot i whip it out then about 10 mins later my rod bent lyk hell then i started to reel it in and my rod was bend and it looked small but wen it got closer it look big and i mean big
[signature]
Aint nothin like hookin on to a 42 pound carp with a fly rod.

[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/6675/cat/500/ppuser/89"][Image: 36_inch_carp.jpg][/url]
[center]this was caught on an orange home made streamer fly

[center]
[center]This one took second place for the largest, in year it was caught.
[signature]
Go to the store and buy you box of Wheaties. Take handful of wheaties and dip it into water, mash it into a ball and let it dry for about hour. Pinch part off the big ball and roll it into small ball, place it on a hook and throw it out in the water.

Best damn carp bait money can buy.
[signature]
Depending on where I am fishing I use either a purple wooly worm when I am fishing under Mulbery trees. Or I use a worm and my ultra light rod. I sneek up on them with my float tube and drop it right in front of them. Ron

[Image: Waterskiinginatube.jpg]

[Image: Skiboatmotor.jpg]
[signature]
My family has caught carp that makes that one look like a baby....

Biggest Carp ever caught weighed 38 lbs out of the Ohio River on Hot dog... At the age of 9 my sister caught carp weighed 24 lbs on Wheatie Ball. All summer long in Marina cove on the Ohio River, we would have about 10 kids every night fishing for carp. Old man in his 80's taught all of us the secret bait that would out catch any other bait.... I would set there and watch him bring 15lbers left after right and was addicted to carp fishing until I graduated high school.
[signature]
Right On Dave...and no special storage and stink fingers...except for carp slime.

[Image: UtahLake2007500003.jpg]

HARESEAR!!! #12
[signature]
BOW HUNTING CARP: What extremely amazing way to fish, if you have never done it try.... Only problem is that the boat will be up in the shallow water, and sometimes you will have to get out and push the boat if it gets stuck...Back in slews can be sanctuarys for carp during the spring and summer for big carp... I use to use my PSE compound bow and throw few arrows into some great size carp....

[mad]
[signature]
An old recipe that a great uncle of mine used with great success was to take about a 1/2 box of Wheaties cereal a box of strawberry Jello (mix according to directions) and a cream soda. Mix the Wheaties and jello add cream soda until you get a dough consistency you like. Might have to add in a little more Wheaties if the Jello by itself makes it too soupy. You need to get at least 1/2 of the cream soda in it. As long as you get a good measure of all 3 things it should work great. Another bait is to make a dough of cornmeal and flour 50/50 mixed with about 2 table spoons of oil and enough water to make it like you want, then add about 1 or 2 teaspoons of anise oil. Check this out though, anise is illegal to use in some areas. I wish you great fishing! God Bless. Dave [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I used frozen bread dough. Just let it thaw, take a chunk out of the bag about the size of a golf ball and set it aside for a few minutes, let it get a little crust on it. Then break off a smaller piece, size of your liking, toss in and let the fun begin.
[signature]
Every conversation about preferred carp bait I've ever seen has begun and ended with corn.
[signature]