Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impress the fish
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]How would you like to lose this fly on your first cast of the day? [Image: yell.gif]Ahhh[Image: yell.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline color-550x360.jpg]
[/center]
[signature]
looks like a good feeder fish to me.. :-)...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif] Looks like a clown fish to me. [Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
hey dont talk about Dave that way...:-)..

seriously though.... I know flies tied with hair like that can take some time to do.. so Id hate to lose it on the first cast.. even if it does look like someone we know.. :-)...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That Nemo fish looks very nice. Did you ty that?[shocked]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Don't I wish. No that tie is way above my skill level.
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
Oh, I see [Smile] I just tought that a man of your caliber could
have..................[Wink]

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Flatterer will get you everywhere.[Image: bobwink.gif] I have seen similar flies tied at trade shows and elsewhere and it takes a steady hand shaving those dudes down with a double edge blade. Flies like that are no doubt a piece of cake for flygoddess or Scruffy_Fly.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I had that same thought on who could tie these when you posted this.. it also brought to mind the deer hair (Ithink) poppers that I bought a while back.. and Id forgotten that the hair is trimmed and shaped with a razor blade.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Reminded me of the fad on campus & that was to shave with a single edge Gem blade. No holder - just the blade. Could do it then as my hand was quite steady - but wouldn't dare try that now. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Ive scrapped hair off the back of my hand and forearm with a knife blade Id just sharpened but I never try to shave with a single edge razor blade.. [laugh]

but you're right.. it would take a steady hand to neatly trim and cut like that on a fly.. one slip and you'd have to start over.. [mad]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]