Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap, convenient way to carry your fishing stuff
Don't laugh... The best way to carry a lot of stuff IMHO is... A Costco tote bag. Costco sells these in a four pack with two sizes for less than $5.

[Image: 1227b.jpg]

Seriously, these things rock for fishing. They're big. A lot bigger than the average sized tote. I can easily carry four rods in the smaller one. Just place the butt end of the broken down rods in the bag with the reels still attached. Let the ends poke out the top. The soft sides close over the reels, keeping them from getting snagged and tangled.

Not only can you carry a bunch of rods, you can also carry just about anything else you need. A small cooler, water bottles, that bag full of stuff you bought at the tackle store on the way when you just needed to stop and buy bait...

The floppy nylon handles make it easy to carry the stuff in the same hand as something else like a tackle box. The handles and seams are double stitched and can hold a LOT of weight. They're leak resistant too, and if they get dirty you can just hose them off.

Now if they just had ones with a fishing related theme...
[signature]
Those are a great idea
[signature]
I like boat bags, because they are waterproof. Sometimes the boat doesn't have storage for all the gear, and a waterproof bag is key.

I've got a couple that I use from a Saltwater Sportsman Seminar I attended a few years back. Hard to beat.
[signature]
These totes feel like plastic with woven thread in it, so the material itself is waterproof, but the stitching goes through it so I doubt the seams are.

Just to give you an idea of how strong they are, last time I came home from Costco, I carried 10 pounds of applesauce, 10 pounds of lemons, 5 pounds of cheese, two 2 liter drinks, and two large pineapples in one. Probably a good 30-35 pounds total without any damage to the bag.

For about buck each they can't be beat.
[signature]
That is pretty stout. Wasn't expecting them to be that strong. Might check them out. I might have other uses for them too.

Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
a lot of stores in my area offer these bags or something similar.

I prefer the canvas bags offered by costco competitors for 1 dollar and are machein washable..

they are the same size and design.

I bought a couple of them, and I havent a clue as to where I put them.. I thought a buck was a great price for a re-usable bag.

I find my self still using those plastic bags. how ever, if it is of any concelation, I have cut way back on plastic trash bags. I went to a laundry detergent sized trash can that the plastic grocery bags fit, so now the bag that brougt in the stuff is now taking out the the debre of the stuff I bought.

I still like my plastic 5 gallon pails for my fishing stuff, tools, hobby supplies.

I recycle those by cleaning them out and keeping the lids, now I have stackable hobby and tool pails that can be labled and stored reducing needed cabinate space.

dont get me wrong, I am not knocking the idea, if it fits your needs great, I am just a bit rough and toumble guy for a heavier vinal coverd enlon bag.

One word of advice concerning this type of bag products made of the same material, Sunlight deteriates the plastic and causes them to crack and flake in time, Not a good idea to have around the house if you have small children or pets...
[signature]