Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erie/Presque Trip 9/26/09
Well I must say Erie was fun. Drove up and put the boat on saturday morning at graveyard pond. Got out into misery bay and passed Perry monument and the waves were coming in from the main bay. Started to head out into the bay and the wind was really whippin so we turned around and went into fish horseshoe pond for a little while. That did not go so well. Could not catch anything in there. We threw everything we had at them and nothing. By then the winds had died down a bit and i decided to go back out and try to shoot out across the main bay again. We ended up across the bay and we started to fish the high walls over there with cranks and we we drop shotting gobies. Not much luck. So i trolled across the shipping channel and i seen it went from 30' to 12' really quick. I started to fish that drop off by casting a shad rap out into the 30' of water and bringing it back to me. Well by that time it started to rain and then we started to pound the fish. I got two large mouth in the 4 pound range. One was 17" and the other 19", those being my two best fish. we did catch 5 or 6 more but they were smaller, but still nice fish. So within the last hour and a half we were out on the lake we got all are fish. It was well worth the trip. Those were some of my best fish this season so far. Im still learing Presque at the moment, and there is a ton of water that i have not fished up there yet. So i they next few trip im sure are gonna turn up alot of surprises. Cant wait for october 17th! Sorry i did not get any pictures, but it was raining so hard that i did not wanna ruin my phone. O well maybe next time lol.
[signature]