Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bouys moved at pv
Hey anyone know why the orange dam buoys got moved all the way up the lake they are almost to the shore access by the caretakers house
[signature]
I'm not sure what you are asking.
Are these the string of markers that are usually very close to the dam, or the ones that are out about 500 yards from the dam, used for a wake less area?
[signature]
What lake are you talking about????
[signature]
The title of the post says PV, that would mean Pineview I believe.
[signature]
its the orange markers just off of the dam they were just 50 yards from the dam and now they are up by the caretakers house[if you dont fish pv you wont know where thats at]. Problem is all the jumbo crappies are down at the dam now we cant get to them . Does anybody know if they are doing work on the dam? My thinking that its the dwr no wanting everybody to beat up the crappies this year,,by the way the ones we have been getting are 3/4 to 1-1/2
[signature]
As far as I know, the buoys are there to protect the drinking water and nothing to do with the DWR.

This may have been done to keep the algae bloom a little better under control.

I hope that they get moved back before ice on.
But then, I don't know if they are intended to keep ice fishing away from that area or just boats.

Anyone have a contact at Ogden City or Pineview Water District?
[signature]
I drove by pv Sunday early afternoon and was looking at a couple bass boats by the dam and noticed that the buoys were farther out than usual. I thought it was pretty strange myself. I'd also like to know why they were moved.
[signature]
Well since it is in the jurisdiction of the national forest service, I would recommend contacting the ogden office and see what they have to say.
[signature]
pv ?? Sorry I was not sure, I thought Pineview was spelled Pineview or PV not pv...
[signature]
No need to be sorry Cliff, I was just answering your question. A lot of our members use abbreviations to describe places they fish. Not much different than calling a certain lake, lake X.
As far as moving the bouys at pineview, I thought they moved those bouys away from the dam every year at this time[:/].
[signature]