Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lucky craft pointers
any1 else tried it??? what did you think of it??? is it worth it??
[signature]
I remember having one at one point. As far as I can remember I caught quite a few pickerel on it. I know that doesn't tell you much about the lure itself but it might be what your fishing for. Hope that helped.
[signature]
Definitely worth it!

I've been using the pointer 78's in ghost minnow and ms shad for the past month and my only wish is that i broke down paid the money and started using them sooner. Stripers love them. Haven't caught anything else on them though, but I haven't tried to catch anything else but stripers yet. They cost twice as much as a rapala ,but they easily catch twice as many fish if not more. I love rapalas too countdown cd-9 is my favorite lure, but lately the first lure I'm throwing lately is a pointer 78. Buy them when they are on sale. Sport Chalet was having a sale on them also on Christmas Eve half price. I could use some advice on putting a little weight on them. I've heard about people putting suspend strips under the bill so when they stop they point downward. I was thinking of putting suspend strips on the trebles to see if I could keep the weight evenly distributed. Any advice?[inline DSC00352.JPG]
[signature]
nice stripper you caught there.. will yea... last fall went out at night for walleyes. first cast a buddy hooked into one.. then next cast later another one.. that time i didn't have any lucky craft because i really didn't think it was worth it... i threw out all my jerkbait i have.. from the husky jerk to the smithwick... nothing.. so then my buddy went home and grab some more lures cuz he was already limited out within an hour... he let me use his pole and lures... 20 mins later i hook up to one but miss.. then another 10 mins later caught my first one for the night.. cast after that caught another one... then after i got the walleye in the stringer... another one.... we ended up 16 for like 30+ walleye that one night alone... all off 3 lucky craft.. the lucky craft pointers skin was all scratch up and the eye fell off.. some time we put a small split shot about 6-10 inches from the swivel to make it sink a lil faster and deeper.. i ended up buyin some lucky craft off of ebay.. got 17 of them for about 150.. all mostly 100 sp and couple of live lucky craft.. i love using the lucky craft live pointer in the american shad.. that one alone produce alot of walleye for me and a couple of steelhead... thats one of my go to lure when fishing for walleyes.. in my opinion i rather put weight on my line then on the lure... might mess up the lure action.. but who knows.. just give both a them a try and find out.. won't hurt to try..
tight lines giddyup
[signature]
(" in my opinion i rather put weight on my line then on the lure... might mess up the lure action.. but who knows.. just give both a them a try and find out.. won't hurt to try.. ")

I gave that a try earlier today. The splitshot did get me deeper, but it also added somewhat of a slack to the line and I couldn't get a good feel for a cadence. Shortened my casting distance too. I'll try again tomorrow maybe move the shot closer to the lure.

I do appreciate the advice Thanks.
[signature]
You'll cry when you lose one, but they bring alot of fish to the boat. If I have four lures on the deck, you know three are Luckys.
[signature]