Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a lurker no more
I've lurked the Utah forum for far too long. I also sneak over to the Texas one as well since I grew up there and was raised on catfish, bream, crappie, and bass since the age of four. I mainly fish for cats, gills, bass (white, largemouth, small, i'd fish for yellows if we had them in utah), crappie, and sunfish. I am known to catch the occasional trout and have started lusting after (but not catching yet) yellow perch. I've recently gone through therapy and have decided to try to prepare trout the way I prepare all the other fish I catch and see if I can stand to eat them [Wink] !
[signature]
hiya wagdog and welcome to the site.. since you have been on for a bit Im guessing you know your way around okay.. but if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask...

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Welcome wagdog to the BFT forum. Here is a link to the Utah forum:[/size][/#008000][/font]
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ategory=55
[signature]
Welcome and since you have now broken the ice, look forward to reading your posts on the Utah forum.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Wagdog, have you had the chance to fish for any wipers or burbot?
WH2
[signature]
Thanks. The last time I fished for wipers was in Texas at Lake o' the Pines a few years ago. The baitfish would stack up in the deep channels and old roadbeds. You would see your depth finder go from 12 feet to 40 feet and you knew you were in the right spots for wipers ready to eat jigging spoons. I've seen reports of the wipers at willard bay and I want to figure that out one of these days. I've heard of burbot and I've also heard they taste good [Smile] but I have yet to wet a hook for one.
[signature]