Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout report
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]TROUT: The urban trout season is rolling into gear with plants the last three weeks at Santa Ana River Lakes, Corona Lake, and Hesperia Lake, and all three have been cranking out fair to good numbers of rainbows. Most everyone will be stocking by the early part of November. In the local mountains Big Bear is still producing a few fish, especially at the mouth of Grout Bay, and Lake Hemet is still pretty good. In the Eastern Sierra, the bites are slowing in the planted trout waters, but for fly anglers, the East Walker River, upper Owens River, Hot Creek, Crowley Lake, and Kirman Lake all have good to excellent bites, with the Crowley streamer bite on around the wed beds. In the Western Sierra, the Kern River recovered and has a fair to good nymph bite with some dry fly action early in the day.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
how are the golden trout holding up?
I havent heard any thing about them in a couple years.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]They're still here. Usually they can be found in remote areas of the Sierras. Have yet to catch any.[/size][/#008000][/font][Image: sad.gif]
[signature]
Thanks,

glad to hear they are hanging on.

I think they are the prettiest of all the trout family..

it would be a great loss if they disipeared.

I hear polution is thier greatest problem. Storm drains and what nots dumping in to the river...
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Generally you are not going to find any storm drains dumping into their habitat. They're usually found in remote area in higher elevations. In fact if I'm a bit lucky I might catch one this weekend. But I won't be holding my breath.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I take it the fires are alll out?

we never hear about them going out over here, only when they get going and take down houses.. never about who started them or if they were ever caught.

Good luck, sure would like to see a pic of one..

I will be looking for land fish this week, turkeys and deer [:p] Its bow season...[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: bobmad.gif]No - the one that has consumed over a 1/4 million acres is still burning.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]